Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gamasutra discusses child killing (or lack thereof) in FO3

St. Toxic

Arcane
Nothing more tasteful than raping dead children. :wink:

St. Toxic

Arcane
It's just more fun being a renegade than taking it up the ass. :cool:

EDIT: Mickey deleted his pro-jew agenda speech. I SMELL COVER UP!

Shoelip

Arbiter
M_I_C_K_E_Y_M_O_U_S_E said:
...we could also just accept that corporations are bound by ESRB, casual (hypocrite) gamers and large scale publicity and get our child killing fix of fantasies from FO 1, 2 good old games and indies?

Would be less frustrating than trying to change a whole society.

Corporations aren't bound by the ESRB. The ESRB is a worthless sham. Corporations are bound by greed, and they make more money if they can sell to people who wouldn't buy a game in which children could be killed.

EDIT: It's alright, I have the back button, so we can still immortalize and ridicule his post.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
In the comments:

Steve Austin 31 Oct 2008 at 9:25 am PST

As a Dad I don't want to work in an industry where we are making it possible for someone to even fantasize about killing children. Is this censorship. Yes. I feel like some censorship is good for...
STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN!

DraQ

Arcane
Wyrmlord said:
In the comments:

As a Dad I don't want to work in an industry where we are making it possible for someone to even fantasize about killing children. Is this censorship. Yes. I feel like some censorship is good for...
STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN!
Lobotomize every-fucking-one. There is no other way.

Oarfish

Prophet
Huh? I reckon its probably pretty normal to want to take a flamethrower to the rollercoaster of retarded that is little lamplight. Could be a great battle like Tuckers Kobolds or the battle for Endor. Except you can win and make a big pile of charred chidlrens shoes in front of your lazy robot butler to show your friends when they come round.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
DraQ said:
Wyrmlord said:
In the comments:

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN!
Lobotomize every-fucking-one. There is no other way.
But wouldn't the effect be minimal?

Shoelip

Arbiter
Well thank goodness the game doesn't let us fantasize about killing kids. Just torture them endlessly without consequences.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
If I ever do a video let's play, it's just going to be me running around and smacking little kids around.

Baphomet

Scholar
If you polled 10 people on the street and asked them if they wanted the developers of a video game to sink resources into making it possible to kill children, rather than making some other thing in the game, I bet at least 8 or 9 of them would say make something else.

Judging by early mods, a more appropriate version of this would be:

If you polled 10 people on the street and asked them if they wanted the developers of a video game to sink resources into making it impossible to kill children, rather than making some other thing in the game, I bet at least 8 or 9 of them would say make something else.

Not being able to kill kids was one of many things that broke the game's verisimilitude for me. My optimal scenarios:

- No kids at all
- Kids are included and can be killed. Designers take advantage of this by putting kids in danger, like those wasteland scavengers who come up to you crying about how raiders rigged them to explode. This gives your character a chance to save the kids, which is awesome because it symbolizes the preservation of a faltering human race.

Ironic how concerns of getting pissed on by the media prevented Bethesda from creating a few scenarios where your avatar can be truly heroic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom