Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Gamerz Edge praises ToEE

Gromnir

Liturgist
we didn’t ask for the tob cameo. we surely didn’t do anything to earn a cameo in tob. we didn’t have no input on tob cameo. we didn’t even mention the tob cameo, so we surely wouldn’t expect anybody to be impressed by it. tob cameo, was, as we understand it, s’posed to be a funny little joke by the biowarians… a bit likes st.p’s fantasy sequence ‘bove, but g-rated and more clever. regardless, all credit and blame for tob cameo goes to bioware.

however, we does note that we enjoyed hacking Gromnir to pieces in tob… the experience had an almost surreal quality and we appreciated the joke. no doubt st. p got same fun from killing his namesakes in Heart of Winter, the Icewind Dale expansion. ‘course there was far more wailing virgins in HoW than there was Gromnirs in tob, so we not sure if that diluted or enhanced st.p fun.

well, you kids keep pouring out the vitriolic hypocrisy and paranoid rantings and we will keeps checking up on you occasionally… and we will keep chuckling too. we again thanks you folks for the continued laughs.

“No, I think the way the game is played is that the person who doesn't conform gets banned.”

is worth noting that despite fact that we near universally disagree with most of the mad dog impersonations we seen from folks like vd and st.p and many of the fans of this place, we does suspect that the above sentiment is probably universally rejected by folks who run and maintain the site. as folks expressing fringe opinions in an adversarial fashion, rpg codex is a bit of a pleasant refuge from the norm.. is one of the reasons why we bother to check these boards out from time to time. we don’t know the people who run this place, but we suspect that they would disagree with notion that those who do not conform should be banned, and in that, if nothing else, Gromnir would agrees with them completely.

…

‘course we could be wrong… it happens from time to time. is possible that jj86 is right and we is wrong ‘bout rpg codex. site would be lots less fun if jj was correct.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

Anonymous

I dont even bother reading your posts because you're such a huge fucking moron.

taks

Liturgist
when faced with an opposing opinion, sling insults. it's that level of maturity that i love about these boards, gromnir :)

mark

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Please. Gromnir is more understandable than the vast majority of Netters.

Transcendent One

Liturgist
Volourn said:
Please. Gromnir is more understandable than the vast majority of Netters.

He's only more understandable than the ones that either p057 li3k 7h15 or like this: "wat up man u have this gam? how u like it? i think it sux u r a n00b".

taks

Liturgist
LOL! you guys are funny :)

perhaps his goal is exactly that... annoying everyone? if so, it seems to be working in some cases.

of course, i could never post in character as i can't even manage to sign with my handle... keep using my name... *sigh* well, actually i kinda do post in character to an extent: brilliant yet arrogant mage :roll:

mark

taks

Liturgist
Greyhawk said:
He's only more understandable than the ones that either p057 li3k 7h15 or like this: "wat up man u have this gam? how u like it? i think it sux u r a n00b".

oddly, those morons developed the hackerese due to typos and laziness or whatever... it winds up even harder to type than proper english! (i understand it not)

mark

slavemaster

Novice
Not hell, but you can smell it from down the stree
Gromnir, if I could use but one moment of your precious time, I would appreciate a bit of clarification. When you were informing everybody of your opinion that Vault Dweller was biased, it led me to believe that you meant he was biased in favor of ToEE. Then when Saint posted links pointing to where prominent RPGCodex members complained about various faults within ToEE, you seemed to shift gears and say that they blamed all the flaws on Atari, and were biased in favor of Troika. Care to explain to this mere mortal who apparently has but a fraction of your cosmic intellect?

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Greyhawk said:

That last one is classic and probably the first thing ever said to me in a multiplayer chat room. Well, not those exact words, but the grammar is spot on. :lol:

Gromnir

Liturgist
oh come now. as we pointed out, the quantity and quality of the criticisms leveled at toee, the ones noted by st. p, is far different than those directed at kotor. can't believe he even had courage to link them as equivalent to vd's comments concerning kotor reviews... or his comments concerning what he thought was unfair toee reviews. the “critical” toee comments is highly qualified and is hardly as caustic and acerbic as those reserved for other games, which is odd since toee has just as many flaws and the reviews is just as full of silly comments.

the following comment reveals the nature of the disease:

"I'll admit I've cut TIm Cain some slack in the past because he's Tim Cain,"

yes, toee is not nearly victimized to degree or extent as other games, but that is a symptom. the actual pathogen is the unabashed cainism most folks here seem to have contracted. spaz at least admits this bias. good for him.

well, we see you in a few days... keeps up the good work.

HA! Good Fun!

Spazmo

Erudite
I think you're missing the main idea here:

WE LIKED TEMPLE OF ELEMENTAL EVIL MORE THAN KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC!

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Gromnir said:
however, we does note that we enjoyed hacking Gromnir to pieces in tob? the experience had an almost surreal quality and we appreciated the joke. no doubt st. p got same fun from killing his namesakes in Heart of Winter, the Icewind Dale expansion. ?course there was far more wailing virgins in HoW than there was Gromnirs in tob, so we not sure if that diluted or enhanced st.p fun.

I never knew about that.

DrattedTin

Liturgist
Actually, I can understand Gromnir quite well (this doesn't say much, I deal with the truly stupid on a regular basis) and respect his opinions, even though I disagree strongly with a lot of them. He's got a few good points, it's too bad he has to obscure them in so many gimmicks just to satiate himself.

JJ86

Liturgist
DrattedTin said:
He's got a few good points, it's too bad he has to obscure them in so many gimmicks just to satiate himself.

It has its place, I can tolerate 4too because he doesn't bring his style into arguments where effective communication is important. He just relegates his style to opinionated ramblings which can be funny. Of course the injection of cerebral humor always helps. But even then I don't read 4too's posts when I'm not in the mood.

When I was growing up I had a friend who was retarded and spoke in a way that was difficult to understand. I think it was more that his speech center of his brain was fucked up but if you paid careful attention when he spoke you could understand him. It required a lot of attention and usually I didn't listen and just peppered the conversation with random "uh-huhs" and "yeahs" because it was too much work to listen to him talk about his dishwashing job. But he couldn't speak any differently, it wasn't his fault so I never got pissed at him about it.

OTOH, I would assume that Gromnir can speak above the level of "mild retard" which makes it even the more annoying. Basically I just try to ignore him because the comments he usually puts forth are not worth trying to decipher. Of course if his only goal is to annoy people then he should be sent to the Vats with all of the other teenage flamers and baiters.

Jinxed

Liturgist
JJ86 said:
OTOH, I would assume that Gromnir can speak above the level of "mild retard" which makes it even the more annoying. Basically I just try to ignore him because the comments he usually puts forth are not worth trying to decipher. Of course if his only goal is to annoy people then he should be sent to the Vats with all of the other teenage flamers and baiters.

Don't you know? It's what makes Gromnir "l33t".

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Gromnir said:
is worth noting that despite fact that we near universally disagree with most of the mad dog impersonations we seen from folks like vd and st.p and many of the fans of this place
Would it be too much to ask for examples or clarifications?

oh come now. as we pointed out, the quantity and quality of the criticisms leveled at toee, the ones noted by st. p, is far different than those directed at kotor. can't believe he even had courage to link them as equivalent to vd's comments concerning kotor reviews...
If you want to or care about being objective you have to compare not only my or anybody else's comments but the reviews in question as well. So far the only example you gave us of something stupid in ToEE review is a claim by the reviewer that one of the spells implemented properly while in fact it's not. A mistake, I agree, but it's hard to say that this remark is of the same level as claims that KOTOR has the best story of the century, strategic combat, and that 3 types of weapons add depth to combat.

Anonymous

Saint_Proverbius said:
Gromnir said:
however, we does note that we enjoyed hacking Gromnir to pieces in tob? the experience had an almost surreal quality and we appreciated the joke. no doubt st. p got same fun from killing his namesakes in Heart of Winter, the Icewind Dale expansion. ?course there was far more wailing virgins in HoW than there was Gromnirs in tob, so we not sure if that diluted or enhanced st.p fun.

I never knew about that.

Well, we all know Gromnir also had a cameo in GeneForge as 'Living Tool'.

EEVIAC

Erudite
LlamaGod said:
Well, we all know Gromnir also had a cameo in GeneForge as 'Living Tool'.

That zinged so much my ears are ringing - I'm still laughing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom