Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review GameSplurge pops up a review of Europa 1400: The Guild

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Europa 1400: The Guild

<a href="http://www.gamesplurge.com/">GameSplurge</a> has whipped up a <A href="http://www.gamesplurge.com/archives/00000068.shtml">review</a> of a CRPG type game I hadn't even heard about, <a href="http://www.jowood.com/gamers/index.php?site=2?=en&GameID=theguild">Europa 1400: The Guild</a>. Here's a taste:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>You start by choosing in which 5 cities you want to live in. All 5 cities have differents difficulties and building zones. From Paris to London and Madrid and 2 others that i dont recall. after that you decide if you are going to play with actual history events or without them. When you choose Actual history events, in each turns, you will have a pop up with what important happen in that year. After that, you can choose if you want to play a free game or you decide to take a quest and you have a limited time to do it. And THEN you make you character selection (which is the RPG element of the game since you can upgrade your character later in the game), his name, his surname, his color and his heritage. for his heritage which is : his father and mother, you can either manually decide it or let the computer do it, if you want a specific character i suggest you to manually pick your heritage. after that you get to place 3 stars in 5 divided sections. Combat, Stealth, Handcraft, Negociation and Rhetoric. The starting stars are depending from what you have has a heritage. After deciding the skills of your character you have to pick 8 basic jobs you can start with. Stone Mason, Joiner, Blacksmith, Alchemist, Preacher, Landlord, Thief and the Perfumer. Though these are only the basic one, you have 12 professions in total that you can attend to.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Sounds.. Refreshing!
<br>
<br>
For those who haven't heard of it, here's the scoop on <a href="http://www.jowood.com/gamers/index.php?site=2?=en&GameID=theguild">Europa 1400</a>:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>*</b> New breed of real-life simulation, combining elements of economic simulation, real-time strategy and role-play in a fascinating, innovative way
<br>
<b>*</b> Set up your own family dynasty and take one of 12 different career paths - from blacksmith, alchemist, or barkeep, to priest or thief.
<br>
<b>*</b> Maximize your influence and power with over 30 different offices and 72 office ranks - and make life difficult for your opponents through policies, sabotage, intrigue and conspiracy.
<br>
<b>*</b> Immerse yourself in a complete, medieval world. Explore four historic towns - each with a population of over 500 computerized citizens.
<br>
<b>*</b> Intuitive and easy-to-use interface.
<br>
<b>*</b> Seasons and historical events influence game play.
<br>
<b>*</b> Choose from free-play or mission-based play.
<br>
<b>*</b> Up to seven players-either computer or human-on a (LAN) network
<br>
<b>*</b> Richly textured real-time 3D-graphics and historically accurate middle-age soundtrack with over 30 different titles deliver unique experience.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Spotted this at <A href="http://bluesnews.com">Blues</a>.

Anonymous

Sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out.

It faintly reminds me of Crusader Kings (co-developed by Paradox Entertainment and Snowball), which will basically be a grand strategy game in the style of Europa Universalis but with some RPG-like features, the game will focus on building the prestige and power of your dynasty in the dark and middle ages of Europe.

Come to think of it, Paradox are just releasing Hearts of Iron, pick any country in the world at 1936 and play any strategies you want in the politics and wars of WWII!

[/end plugging]

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
WOW . I love the idea.

But the idea is 1 %

Make it real the other 99 %

I will check it out however.

Rosh

Erudite
Wow...I haven't seen the GotM.org style of reviewing used in a long time.

Unique, and painful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom