Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

German todd howard interview

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
http://www.gameswelt.tv/19748/the-elder ... oward.html

Loading slowly but I'm liking it so far. The claimed large number of adventure style puzzles and traps in particular are major :incline: One of the previous previews stated you can push enemies into spikes and boiling oil so I'm guessing there will be some dark messiah style combat included. You could use traps for your advantage in oblivion and increasing that type of content is welcomed news.

Also, in before "Todd's lying".

LordDenton

Augur
Not sure why you would find all that to be "good", considering that you are too retarded to enjoy Gothic 1-3. :? All these extra options will overwhelm your small number of braincells...

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Intellectual concerns have nothing to do with why I don't enjoy gothic 1-2 (haven't played 3). Morrowind is considerably more feature packed and it's arguably my favourite RPG of all time.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah like suddenly Bethesda are going to turn Skyrim into the quality cRPG gaming experience that was Morrowind.....

:roll:

Kraszu

Prophet
So why didn't you like G1-G2? I don't think that MW or Gothic games require much intelligence - just to make that clear.

As for the video there isn't much to comment other then lol at how bad Oblivion, and FO3 looked, Skyrim graphics demonstration is the new Radiant AI.

Jaesun said:
Yeah like suddenly Bethesda are going to turn Skyrim into the quality cRPG gaming experience that was Morrowind.....

So there will be at least 1 puzzle and trap in the game. Spikes and boiling oil will most likely either be a gimmick for 1 dungeon or will be so widely used that it gets the entire first page in IKEA's wall furnishing catalog (i.e. DMoM&M syndrome).

Yes, it will be an incline if done right, but we will need a lot more than Todd's word to confirm that.

Captain Shrek

Guys, I must say that I am excited. This news essentially means that Arkane was involved in the combat design. Which would mean some serious shit (Arx, Dark Messiah). I loved the combat in either game and I always thought that this was the right way of handling FPS-RPG combat: Personal Skill + activated Abilities/special attacks. I am looking forward to further exposition. If done well, it could mean a serious incline for Skyrim.

Also, THIS IS SPAAARTA!!!!!1!!one!!!!l.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Is it an interview of Todd Howard in German or an interview of the German Todd Howard?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Overweight Manatee said:
So there will be at least 1 puzzle and trap in the game. Spikes and boiling oil will most likely either be a gimmick for 1 dungeon or will be so widely used that it gets the entire first page in IKEA's wall furnishing catalog (i.e. DMoM&M syndrome).

Yes, it will be an incline if done right, but we will need a lot more than Todd's word to confirm that.

Oblivion had assloads of traps, though it was rather lacking in the puzzle department.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Kraszu said:
So why didn't you like G1-G2? I don't think that MW or Gothic games require much intelligence - just to make that clear.

Unresponsive controls and boring combat, mainly (about g2, i played g1 so long ago that I honestly don't even remember why I stopped).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Captain Shrek said:
Guys, I must say that I am excited. This news essentially means that Arkane was involved in the combat design. Which would mean some serious shit (Arx, Dark Messiah)
No, didn't happen.

Captain Shrek

Roguey said:
Captain Shrek said:
Guys, I must say that I am excited. This news essentially means that Arkane was involved in the combat design. Which would mean some serious shit (Arx, Dark Messiah)
No, didn't happen.

But I can see their signature. Perhaps its 'inspired' from their games.

Kraszu

Prophet
Mastermind said:
Kraszu said:

Unresponsive controls and boring combat, mainly (about g2, i played g1 so long ago that I honestly don't even remember why I stopped).

G3 uses standard K&M controls so you should check it out, with community patch 1.74, alternative balancing on, and AI on (those came with the patch) on normal or hard difficulty is good. It has more of an open world, and doesn't have chapters so it is little different then previous gothics.

The controls always worked fine for me, you understand that your command start animation, and that when you are in the middle of the swing you can't just magically change the physics with button mashing? I would recommend playing with the keyboard not K&M, setting z/x for strafe, and adjust to the controls it should take few minutes with an open mind. How is combat boring when you compare it to say Oblivion or MW? Gothic have timing based combat, you have to fight differently against different opponents it offers one of the best combat when you "get it".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom