Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GoG Giveaway

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Both RPGWatch and GameBanshee have GoG giveaway's tied to the Witcher 2. As the third leg of the RPG on-line community (guess which leg) why is the Codex not part of this?

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
GoG are free to give us some codes. But they haven't. If they do, I too will post a giveaway.

But you're right, why are we not as cool as RPGWatch or Gamebanshee? Why does GoG hate us so? And this after all the effort that went into our review praising the game to heaven and back. :/

I've played the game 7 times iust to have an informed opinion on the choices.
I iust wrote *iust* because the iay letter no longer works on my keyboard, it iust happened. WTF? What use is a keyboard for me where the letter iay no longer fucking functions? I cannot work under these circumstances FFS.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
VentilatorOfDoom said:
GoG are free to give us some codes. But they haven't. If they do, I too will post a giveaway.

But you're right, why are we not as cool as RPGWatch or Gamebanshee? Why does GoG hate us so? And this after all the effort that went into our review praising the game to heaven and back. :/

Hmmm. What about our in-LP advertising for MoO2? @_@ How about some sweet oldies giveaway, Goggy? Huh huh? :smug:

Morkar Left

RK47 said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:

Hmmm. What about our in-LP advertising for MoO2? @_@ How about some sweet oldies giveaway, Goggy? Huh huh? :smug:

In fact the LP was the reason I bought the MoO pack yesterday from GoG. It was the huge sum of 2,51 $ or something like that...

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
:salute: You have done your part in preserving the last vestiges of free speech in the cyberspace.

The Shai-Hulud will be pleased.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Perhaps they think they are unworthy of attention of such a prestigious magazine as RPGCodex

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Could be because a bunch of review codes they gave us some time ago haven't in fact resulted in any reviews AFAIK... but it'd be pretty sad if that was the case.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Why the fuck would anyone want TW2?

There are like 100s of better games out there.

Now if GoG was to give away something like Steel Beasts Pro PE or A-10C Warthog and sent me with my, definitely hard, copy a potato chick to blow me I'd be more impressed.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I could write reviews if I got review codes. I'll cover you on that. NP

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Code:
9.5 - 10.0: free giveaways and EXCLUSIVE PREVIEWS
9.0 - 9.5: mention your site often in a favorable light
8.5 - 9.0: potato
8.0 - 8.5: well the Codex is the most ciritical site on the net
7.5 - 8.0: maintain distance while spreading lies about your site to potential advertisers
7.0 - 7.5: conduct clandestine spamming raids against your site
6.5 - 7.0: cease all contact and stop giving interviews
6.0 - 6.5: blacklist
5.0 - 6.0: blacklist
4.0 - 5.0: blacklist
3.0 - 4.0: blacklist and talk shit about your site openly
2.0 - 3.0: blacklist and pay people to not visit your site
1.0 - 2.0: blacklist and lawsuit for defamation
0 - 1.0: appeal to Congress to have your site taken off the net for innapropriate content

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom