Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Golden Joystick for F;NV

kaizoku

Arcane
Mortmal said:
Surf Solar said:
Mortmal said:
If you restrict your genre to 2D isometrical and blobbers you wont play anything ever, anymore.

lalalalalala I can't hear you lalalallala

Thanks for ruining my morning bro. :(

No , no put that gun down, ! Theres still KOTC 2 coming eventually!
Oh man... that one was a kick in the groin for SS :lol:

Surf Solar, don't despair, there are still those who believe in your work :salute:

HanoverF said:
Crooked Bee said:
Mortmal said:
Xenoblade, one of the best jrpg published so far, completely deserves an award

What's so good about Xenoblade? I played it for a couple of hours; it was just... banal, clichéd, bland, boring.

That's what jrpg fans like, the same shit they already played, with a different collection of outfits and spiky hair.
A similar analogy could also be used to describe the current western gaming scenario (with the exception of a couple of games).

Japanese grind, Americans mash buttons, and Europeans eat potatoes.

bhlaab

Erudite
Wait wasn't it released last year? How did it win the 2011 award?

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
bhlaab said:
Wait wasn't it released last year? How did it win the 2011 award?

Because the awards are in october? :roll:

Fallout 3 Fans are dissapointed in awards

fallout new vegas won best RPG at the golden joysticks - why? it was a massive disappointment given how flawless fallout 3 was.
[/quote]

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Mortmal said:
Well yes.. but i havent played so many jrpgs, when it comes to western rpgs, i pretty much played them all, but i missed many snes ,psx, ps2 games those were just unaffordable as a kid. So i think you just got fed of them, strawberries are good but a whole bathtub of them not.
What i liked int his jprg was the vast areas to explore, the body of two titans, it sounded original and i was intrigued i wanted to explore that, and know what the next area was holding.The combats were fast and fun, with many combos.
I liked the giant robot them, who diddnt like transformers and gobots as a kid?
That game was rather oldschool with many secret areas, a whole outpost to rebuild ,with hundreds of quests.

Fair enough. I'll give the game another chance later, then. ;) The first few hours often put me off in JRPGs, they're basically always the same.

quasimodo

Augur
Mortmal said:
If you restrict your genre to 2D isometrical and blobbers you wont play anything ever, anymore.

I prefer to say that AAA developers are redefining my genre to be FPP/OTS RT action games.

But yeah I don't play anything new any more....except for a few indies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom