Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Got Kotor

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
It's not very good, is it? They had it for 5 bucks on steam the other day so I got it. I'm not very far in, but Bioware isn't very good at encounter design.

"You meet some drunks! They attack you. You win, 100 exp"

Multi-headed Cow

The best part in the game is going darkside and making the wookie strangle the blue chick.

Elzair

Cipher
How long does this game take to beat? I remember Jade Empire took 16 and DA:O took 60.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Elzair said:
How long does this game take to beat? I remember Jade Empire took 16 and DA:O took 60.
DAO takes around 40h. 50 if you do EVERY SINGLE sidequest, don't skip a single line of dialog (god help you) and generally take your sweet time about it.

KOTOR is closer to DAO length. I think it took me 40-something hours, and that was with doing everything and skipping almost all the voiced lines (I read much faster than they can speak and the voices are terribad)

Pablosdog

Prophet
Yeah I mean, i did EVERY side quest and it was still only around 26-28 hours for me.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
... really?

I don't think I have my playfile so I can't check. I would like to think I'm misremembering and it actually took me far less time...

Pablosdog

Prophet
You might be thinking of kotor 2, that game was a bit longer from what I remember. Well, besides the completely unfinished final planet.

Oh obsidian

DriacKin

Arbiter
Kotor2 felt excruciatingly long from what I remember. Combat read so damn terrible and there was just so damn much of it...

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Pablosdog said:
You might be thinking of kotor 2, that game was a bit longer from what I remember.
Maybe. Either that or I'm mentally replacing the play time with one from another game. I remember KOTOR felt much shorter than the BGs... it could be the length is longer in my memory because the game bored me so much.

An alternative explanation:
DriacKin said:
Kotor felt excruciatingly long from what I remember. Combat read so damn terrible and there was just so damn much of it...
:smug:

Achilles

Arcane
Eh, it was good enough. I'm not even a Star Wars fan and I managed to have some fun with it.

deuxhero

Arcane
KotOR is 20 hours if you know what you are doing.

I got the game a few years ago as part of the Best of PC collection (only 5 bucks more than what I could find Jedi Outcast alone for). None of the games included were anywhere near as entertaining as Outcast though. EaW and Battlefront were fun, Republic Commando was OK, KotOR was complete shit.

racofer

Thread Incliner
mmglk.jpg

Topher

Cipher
I beat KotOR the first time in 33hrs according to my play clock.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom