Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Greek Fire

whatusername

Scholar
Will Greek Fire actually be called "Greek Fire" in-game? It wouldn't make much sense calling something greek if there is no such thing as a Greece in AoD.

Paranoid Jack

Scholar
I am one eighth Cherokee and I fully endorse the use of "Fire Water", the Tomahawk symbol on the bottle, or even an Indian Head (a.k.a. "Chief Wahoo") with feathers as some sports teams are fond of that also.

I am also half German and would love you to use a reference about "Kraut" if you can fit it in the story-line somehow. :shock: :lol:

edit: Jesus, I am half brain dead today...

mytgroo

Scholar
Greek fire-- how about just some high octaine moon shine.

Why waste your time with this, make yourself some molotov cocktails, a little alchemy and you've got yourself some magically enhanced flammable moonshine that burns good. Call it fire water. You could even attempt to drink it. Glow in the dark flammable moonshine. I would rather have alchemical fire using a mix of alcohol and some other reagent to make the stuff.

almondblight

Arcane
I say keep it as Greek Fire. It sounds cooler, and it's not like it's any more strange than having thugs and assassins in the game. Liquid fire sounds somewhat lame.

jeansberg

Liturgist
How about changing 'Greek' to something that makes sense in the game world?

Maybe you could name it Nazvian fire or Q'antaarian fire. Is there a nation that resembles Greece in the game world? Unless you've settled on liquid fire, that is. :)

jeansberg

Liturgist
The watery flames of decadence!!! :o

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom