Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [HARDCORE]Let's play - DD:O -> Frost Warlock(Carceri storm)

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I played a lot DDO and played the hardcore league multiple times, always die in mid levels but most people that I see palying this game barely get into lv 5. When you die, a message is shown to the server, so I can say by sure that over 95% of the DDO population, my last character died as a 12th level frost sorcerer and later reincarnated into Pale Master Wizard in Argo. Since I only play as arcane caster, I decided to try the warlock with carceri storm pact. Not because is the strongest class DDO changes how eldritch blast damage is calculated. In 3.5e and 5e, the damage is pure force, in DDO, a part of the damage is pure force and a part is based on your pact, eg - field = fire, fey = sonic, great old one = acid.

Warlocks are not simialr to 3.5e nor to 5e in DDO.

That said, here is my white dragonborn warlock

robTjfO.png

The first thing which I did was the tutorail and was annoying to do it as I din't knew how to remove the stupid messages showing obvious stuff.

NKJvxQh.png

Initially, I just did the quests in noob Island in normal/hard/elite and the Keep of the borderlands quests. They gave a lot of good items and item progression. Nothing noteworth to say except that thanks to the detect hidden door spell, I could skip a very annoying puzzle in total chaos. The puzzle is not hard, is just that my hireling keeps pressing buttons. After it, reached lv 4 and started to do the quests in sewers to level up quickly.

ln0eP8F.jpg
ehhMHWU.png

While questing, (I'm not stupid to do reaper quests in hardcore, at maximum, I do elite), I lost my hireling and almost got OHKilled by a fire trap

4PxTM4f.png

But got lucky and stabilized my health in the stabilization roll and instead of trying to complete the quest, Just gave up and as I was close to leveling up, decide to repeat some quests to level up quickly and avoid more risks. After it, reached lv 7 and did some house Jorasco quests. Did most quests except the Library quest cuz I din't had protection vs ohk spell and one "red" enemy casts it there.

5rqlShq.jpg
y0fAmd4.jpg

After it, did some very long quests and got into lv 9

1MOr1mO.jpg

And got Creeping Cold, a great DoT. Maximized + Empowered it + Maximized empowered Consume can be quite deadly.

At lv 10, if I live enough to reach it, I wil lget Evard's Black Tentacles. One of the best spells of the game.

Later I will update. Lets see how far I can get in this char.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Now, after reaching lv 9, I had a huge problem with lag. Got OHKilled by a trap in a ravenloft quest near the village of Barovia which I forgot the name. At first, I was thinking that is sad as I was be so close to Black Tentacles and after a long time without playing warlock, I failed before I got my favorite warlock only spell(yes, in ddo thsi spell is wlk only), but by some reason seems like my char was not in the "dead area", so I searched in google and seems like in this season, you get additional lives at lv 8 and 16(not sure). But after being scared, and decided to leave it and do other quests. Doing other quests, like the first part of against slave lords

HC3yQdP.jpg
Icwvh5A.png

But almost died in the fire puzzle above, even with spells to boost my fire resistance + lag, so after it decided to not try play DDO for few hours, after the connection seems to have stabilized, I decided to try again another quest. My char just rubberbanded into a sonic trap which destroyed my spell protection, OHKilled my hireling and leaved me unconscious. Luckily I stabilized, proceeded to use the walrock temp hp ability which I forgot the name and jumped to the water to quit the quest as I can't complete it. When underwater, I almost got killed cuz despite my char doing the animation of swiming, he was doing nothing, luckly, I managed to quit the quest and not die drowed.

fBC14th.png
Vqatn7C.png

After it, I when I was close to levelup, I was out of ideas of quests in my level to try and decided to try a lv 12 quest but only to be safe, I played in casual and got into lv 10.

zSCO774.png
S8U9E6x.png
v4Kt8vj.png

Now I have access to tier 4 WLK spells(which some of them are as good as tier 6 sorc spells) and Black Tentacles is amazing not only as an damaging spell but also in crow control. So fart, I never saw anyone except me with char level >= 10. Lets see how far I will go in this hardcore league. DDO allows you to transfer your dead HC character into another server however, I would't do it. I will delete this character when he is killed. My interest with this game is to see how far I can go. I never got above lv 12. As the game despite vastly different is based in 3.5e and enemies have very nasty abilities in this level. Beholders disintegration beams is one example. If I see a beholder, I run and teleport out of the quest using a scroll. Even if I had ridiculous high saves and only fail on one, 5% failure chance is too high.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom