Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Have you ever bought any DLC?

Have you bought or are going to buy in near future any DLC?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, one

• Yes, two

• Yes, three to five

• Yes, six to ten

• Yes, more than ten

• Yes but I don't know how many

• Total voters

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I've bought one DLC bundle, the mini-campaigns for NWN1.

Yes, the concept of DLC is about 2 years older than most people think.

No, I do not feel bad about buying the mini-campaigns.

No, I do not think I got good value for my money.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I think that more interesting question would be how many people here have actually bought a game which was not on sale.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Unkillable Cat said:
I've bought one DLC bundle, the mini-campaigns for NWN1.

Yes, the concept of DLC is about 2 years older than most people think.

No, I do not feel bad about buying the mini-campaigns.

No, I do not think I got good value for my money.

Oh, if you're talking about Kingmaker bundle with 3 mods then yeah, I bought it too.

Witch's Wake is... beautiful and emotionally engaging, it was just about three hours long but it was definitely worth the price...

Other modules in that bundle were okay but nothing special.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
markec said:
I think that more interesting question would be how many people here have actually bought a game which was not on sale.

For me, that would be about 90-95% of the time, simply because the titles I buy tend not to be on sale when I purchase them, or that I disagree with the terms of the sale. I bought Risen last month, but instead of buying it for roughly 15 Euros on Steam, I bought it for 21 Euros on Amazon.co.uk and got a physical copy instead.

lefthandblack

Arcane
I've bought GOTY editions in a brick and mortar store, but I have never and most likely will never buy any digital DLC. I didn't even download or install the "free" DLC that comes with alot of games nowadays as they are prone to add an extra layer of DRM that is more trouble than it's worth.

I've decided on some rules for buying games from now on:

-Two years or twenty dollars, whichever comes first *

* unless a GOTY edition with all DLC is going to be released.

TripJack

Hedonist
Nope.

I quit buying video games before the 'dlc' craze started up.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I voted no but I think I bought a few of those NWN1 premium modules back in the day. Nothing worth the price now though, because most if not all DLC is created for $$$ unlike the old NWN modules. Unless I want to try Mysteries of Westgate sometime.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I got a bunch of songs for Rock Band on mah Hex-Bawks. Rock band 2 and 3 were nice enough to recognize them as well. I think they were decent value for money, though I disapprove of how RB3 sneaks songs you don't own into your music library as "reccomendations" for you to buy :/

Topher

Cipher
I think I bought one of the Oblivion DLC's a long time ago but I can't remember, whatever it was it wasn't worth the price. I also bought the CE of Fable 2 which was basically the game+release day DLC, total rip off.

I've learned my lesson.

Erzherzog

Magister
Voted no but then I remember I bought one of the unit packs for Empire Total War.

Dear lord what a waste of money. Only bought it because some Red Orchestra clanmates of mine were experimenting with branching out to ETW

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom