Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Heads Will Roll -- AUTHENTIC MEDIEVAL DATING RPG

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
>ADDED this game and its Developers to my BASED and ToPlay lists

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
It'll take a few runs but eventually you'll end up with a powerful character who can steamroll even the optional fights.
How many points do you reckon that'll take?
hwr.jpg

PsihoKekec

Novice
You get one level per 50 points, full England playthrough nets you 14-15.000 points (if you do Windsor the manly way). There are 11 possible endings.
Right now you can at start pump every stat to 25 plus 10 for weapon skills also starting gear and trinkets with some seed money, it takes couple of playthroughs to get there, you can bulldoze the first half of the game with such character.

flushfire

Augur
That's one thing I disliked about this series initially. Normal difficulty IIRC describe the experience as "fair" but in some fights it never is because some enemies obviously have hidden abilities/buffs. And normal actually ends up harder than HWR mode. The devs should just remove it.

Modron

Arcane
That's one thing I disliked about this series initially. Normal difficulty IIRC describe the experience as "fair" but in some fights it never is because some enemies obviously have hidden abilities/buffs. And normal actually ends up harder than HWR mode. The devs should just remove it.
I'd say that optional Green Knight is the fairest fight in the game it's just you never really fought a fair fight until that point. The difficulty spike is just the game hadn't been presenting you with heavily armored opponents before that point so you run into a wall full speed the first time around.

It's a good learning experience.

flushfire

Augur
I don't mean the green knight specifically because honestly I no longer remember, but certain enemies you're not too far off in stats, he has no special items, and you can't even hit him when he's stunned and fatigued, like literally 0% chance. I remember Ruffin being like this. I know you're not meant to win against him, but they shouldn't claim a difficulty having "fair" fights and have enemies with bonuses the player can never obtain. From what I remember it's usually hit chance I had issues with, including enemies who should have no business hitting my character due to a massive difference in agility and fatigue, still doing so. It wasn't a big deal with HWR mode, but Normal was definitely harder due to it. I played Downfall and Reforged, it's the same in both games.

Last edited:

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I've played the demo (Downfall) all the way and was very pleasantly surprised by it, so I got the game. The dating aspects made me thing it was a dubious proposition, but I found that it has sturdy design beyond that. Admitedly this is supposed to be like Legionnary's life, which I haven't played yet ; at any rate it's an interesting concept and it has a lot of heart put into it. The dating stuff was added for sales apparently ; maybe it worked, I don't know, but I read that the designer and author struggled with it and didn't know how to write women. I appreciate the honesty. At any rate purely historical games are often interesting, as they force the design to let go of usual gameplay and narrative tropes. The writing has spirit, even if it really could use some re-tooling and even basic typo checking. But hey, sometimes élan is what truly matters. If you're ugly and stupid, just go for it boyo, be confident ~~~~

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Heads Will Roll: Reforged — Not a Hero. New DLC announcement and release date.
735b0bd06dcdb3131c35f88f3e142ccfaaa0d3dd.png

Hello guys!

We are happy to finally make an official announcement of Heads Will Roll: Reforged's second DLC — Not a Hero. It is scheduled to release on May 31st and — together with accompanying major patch — will bring along a huge amount of new content as well as usher in a considerable overhaul of the game's various systems and mechanics.

So, what to expect?

1. New story content
First of all, the DLC will introduce several new full story branches that will allow the player to take their character's life and career in various alternative directions after the ending of the Cambrai campaign. You will encounter many new friends and foes, go on new adventures, survive new challenges and, of course, face new tough moral choices.

37c3bf7f3f879908708384a515fc051b1b27a986.jpg

2. Squad system rework
Then there is a much-awaited squad system rework which includes lots of new visual models, free customization of squadmates' war gear and expanded in-battle controls — with all of that ultimately allowing to perfectly tailor your allies equipment and behavior to suit your desired playstyle.

4f974d3757cee79a3498c06c7bc5be00ba414741.jpg

3. Civil talents
Heads Will Roll's RPG elements are too going to get an expansion in the form of civil talents — various non-combat skills and abilities that will allow the player to make their character even more unique. The update will introduce about two dozens of civil talents of ranging magnitude with some of them acting like small pleasant bonuses while others being character-defining traits enabling for a whole playstyle to be built around.

5fa5e83f1d5a7e51aa5cc9916c3075d7601e13d0.jpg

4. Prestige mode
In order to freshen up the game experience for the seasoned veterans we will be introducing a Prestige mode — a difficulty modifier that will considerably harden the game: weapons will now also lose durability and eventually break, combat will be much more fast and deadly, injuries - more frequent, time - less plentiful and some of the skill checks - way tougher. Completing the game in this mode will undoubtedly prove to be the toughest challenge yet and will require the player to truly value the character's life.

5. Trinket presets
Considering the major importance of trinkets it is only natural for the player to be in need of oftenly replacing them, swapping around crafting, scavenging, combat and other sets. The upcoming update will finally address this by introducing trinket presets feature that allows to save several desired trinket combinations and then quickly swap between them, removing a lot of unnecessary actions. Together with that, there are also going to be dedicated buttons for instantly unequipping all the trinkets and placing them into inventory or chest.

0a95a5d8804215dcdc64c6be4d45aade311957e1.png

6. Interface improvements
Another issue that the upcoming update will be addressing is the cumbersomeness of many of the game's item interaction menus. In order to fix this, the update will be adding quick action buttons allowing to move items between chest and inventory, as well as acquire items from loot in one click.

7. New gameplay balance
The overall gameplay balance is too going to get a shakeup — buy and sell prices, skill check thresholds, time limits in chapters, item parameters and various other things are going to be updated to freshen up the game and correct some of the existing balancing issues.

8. Bugfixes
And, of course, last but not least — bugfixing. The patch accompanying the DLC will contain a long list of fixes for many of the reported bugs (a detailed list will be provided with the release notes).

As you can see, the scope of the upcoming update is going to be absolutely massive with pretty much all of the game's aspects getting expansions, improvements and overhauls. We are very much looking forward to release and hope that you are too!
For more information on all things Heads Will Roll — or to get in touch with us — head over to our Discord.

Stay tuned!
1917 Studios

PsihoKekec

Novice
So I guess one of the options will be working for Cantenbury.
Maybe with the update, having a squad will be worth it.

PsihoKekec

Novice
Lina is best girl, but my favourite NPC is Roger.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom