Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Homeworld 3 from Blackbird Interactive

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You could find the complete lack of white males anywhere to be offensive.
DEI stuff would be something that can be overlooked if the characters were written in an interesting way. Unfortunately, they are not.
As mentioned above, the narrative shifts from Homeworld's 1&2 journey of people and collective overcoming of obstacles to a more personal story. Imogen, the protagonist, is in my opinion insufferable. Completely ignoring her external appearance, she's whiny, immature, comes out as falsely modest in the extras of the game. The only good thing about her is hair, and, for some people on this forum, her feet being visible ;)
The intelligence officer, for some strange reason gets screen time. No idea why, as the character doesn't add anything to the story by existing. Maybe they just wanted a black male in authority position?
Few glimpses of Karan S'Jet you get, feel dumb. One, completely no idea how old she should be now, two there's no jacks anywhere on her body, and three, she's still wearing the bodyglove even when spending time outside with young Imogen. But again, ignoring her appearance, she just doesn't feel like the person who took responsibility, and succeeded, to save her culture multiple times.
The villain feels recycled really. A lot of her visual appearance, especially the sitting down under a tent feels like copy/paste from Deserts of Kharak. I haven't seen much more of her, but I'm not having high hopes, and feel a lot of "strong woman" nonsense between Imogen and her coming.

catchaser

Savant
Refunded because of the DEI bullshit.
How much of it is there? I wasn't paying attention to the game at all.
The main protag is a weak and dependant (trans?)woman who goes on a quest to find her mother. Her grandma and black wise mentor guy support and shower her with words of courage. Our protag finds evul woman who casually kills billions of people on a quest to find herself. They talk about their feelings and emotions. Protag woman gets strong and independent, defeats evul misunderstood woman with the power of maternal love. Finally, evul woman and missing mother hold hands and sing kumbayah on their road to oblivion. Black and asian Hiigarans of all genders rejoice. The end.

6491D2C343C72E86FA7870AEF2AC8A55632194E7

Be Kind Rewind

Educated
Zionist Agent
Combining the DEI Blackrock soynigger agenda with the most uncanny of Dreamworks 3D animations in a space game where the story in the previous games was told through stills of concept art and radio communications is breaking new ground in gaming jewery.

kLeSpkO.png

Be Kind Rewind

Educated
Zionist Agent
I'm glad I checked out from the series when the terrible Homeworld 2 was released, Relic lost their touch so far back I can barely remember that brief time they were a good company. Now that a few strays went and founded Blackbird, notice how even the birds have to be black, and they're getting published by Gearbox of all companies this shitfest could be seen from a mile away. Not even PC (Politically Correct) gamer is singing its praises and gave it 77 out of 100, the tranny self-inserter might give good enough no-mess blowjobs around the office but the checks to the press must have bounced or been too meager offerings.

PC Gamer Review said:
But where the original Homeworld often took a minimalist approach—from its narrative to its map design—Homeworld 3 is comparatively busier, with maps full of debris and terrain, and a story that constantly wants you to take a break from the fun stuff so you can listen to boring conversations in hideous cutscenes that look ripped from a bad '90s sci-fi game. The plot is mostly forgettable nonsense and I confess I checked out pretty quickly.

[...]

I must admit I would have liked some maps that were just set in deep space, without all of these accoutrements, though. Full 3D movement already gives you plenty to deal with, and I miss the purity of its predecessors' take on space combat.

[...]

What's disappointing, though, is the lack of player control over when a mission ends. Only one mission lets you select when you hit the hyperspace button and leave. The rest of them just chuck you into the next one the moment you complete the main objective. This means you have no time to mop up the remaining salvage or resources, or replace any ships that you lost in the final battle.

And I really could have done with a bit of time to replenish my forces because, oh boy, things blow up quickly in Homeworld 3. Even with the HP buff BBI has given ships since the demo, most of them still can't take much of a beating. Every ship just feels like it's one class lower than its older counterpart. When you first start fielding capital ships in Homeworld 1, they feel like monsters, but in Homeworld 3 they're more comparable with corvettes and end up requiring a lot more babysitting. Support frigates help alleviate this with their powerful life-giving beams, but once they get taken out you're going to be looking at a lot of ship debris.

[...]

It took me around 15 hours to finish up the campaign, making it a bit more brisk than its predecessors. But I doubt I'll play it again. Despite the quality of the missions, the heavily scripted AI means a second outing just isn't going to offer much. Even when the AI is being aggressive, it never feels reactive, instead feeling like it's just following a schedule. It can put up a fight, sure, but only when the mission calls for it, giving your adversary some crucial advantages, but once you've figured out the script, it's incapable of pulling off any surprises. This also means, when you don't play the way you're meant to, it has no idea what to do.

gongal

Scholar
Refunded because of the DEI bullshit.
How much of it is there? I wasn't paying attention to the game at all.
The main protag is a weak and dependant (trans?)woman who goes on a quest to find her mother. Her grandma and black wise mentor guy support and shower her with words of courage. Our protag finds evul woman who casually kills billions of people on a quest to find herself. They talk about their feelings and emotions. Protag woman gets strong and independent, defeats evul misunderstood woman with the power of maternal love. Finally, evul woman and missing mother hold hands and sing kumbayah on their road to oblivion. Black and asian Hiigarans of all genders rejoice. The end.

6491D2C343C72E86FA7870AEF2AC8A55632194E7

Who even is this (((game))) for?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
To think we reached a point in history where H2 is considered on the same level of excellence as H1 and HC...
:killitwithfire:

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Finished the campaign. Herpa derpa doopity doo. I hope wargames mode will be more fun.

I've fired up HW1 Remastered to compare the feel, to make sure nothing is rose tinted from the years ago I played it. Everything seems better in HW1, controls, ships, story, general vibe... The only thing that HW3 has on HW1 is better lightning, nebulas/skyboxes and some of those big structures. HW1 > HWC >> HW2 >>>>>>> HW3.

DeepOcean

Arcane
So, we are living on Matrix Reloaded timeline and Agent Larry Fink turned another story into another copy of the "californian 20 something teenager like immature woman journey into being an independent and stronk woman with the help of magic black people". Why am I not surprised? Deserts of Kharak was already a K'jet simp show, it was an obvious opportunity point for them to wokefy even more.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Finished the campaign. Herpa derpa doopity doo. I hope wargames mode will be more fun.

I've fired up HW1 Remastered to compare the feel, to make sure nothing is rose tinted from the years ago I played it. Everything seems better in HW1, controls, ships, story, general vibe... The only thing that HW3 has on HW1 is better lightning, nebulas/skyboxes and some of those big structures. HW1 > HWC >> HW2 >>>>>>> HW3.
What's HWC?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom