Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News HOTU gone Gold

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Really? So, you are telling me that no one here who despises BIO has bought more than one of their games despite hating others? That's interesting..If so, you are lying yet again. I, for one, can actually say I've enjoyed BIo's games so it would only make sense for me to continue buying them until I don't. Simple, rally.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
I'v already made it no big secret that I loved KOTOR. Not for the combat, but for the quests. The combat, while unrealistic as far as lightsabers go, isn't exactly the worse combat in a CRPG. Dungeon Siege has that honor in my book. The quests in KOTOR are such a refreshing change of pace from the fed-ex crap in most games today and makes the game worth playing.

Now, another point I made earlier in this thread was the fact that the 'magical' lightsabers seemed to much. But then I thought back to all the SW stuff I've read in the past and remembered something. All sentient beings in the SW universe, with the exception of one or two races, have the ability to be force sensitive if not force capable. But, it's not just limited to sentient beings. An item can also be strong with the force, but only if it's been handled by someone who is also strong with the force and had said item with them for a long time.

So, by this merit, a really powerful dark jedi who lived a long life and had the same lightsaber with him until the end very well could have had some of his force powers rub off onto that lightsaber over time. Therefore that lightsaber might have certain abilities not seen in ordinary ones. The same goes for a light side jedi and his lightsaber.

In the XBox version, there were two jedi robes you could find that added certain bonuses to some of your abilities. The history of said robes is extent though and now that I think about it, what I said about the lightsaber holds true for those as well. They were owned by well know jedi of their time and therefore had some essence of those jedi's powers rub off on them.

So, as you can see, this makes those 'magical' lightsabers perfectly explainable. And, btw, all the stuff about items being able to hold force within them was brought about by George Lucas himself during the comic book series back when it was around.

I may not be a big fan of BIO as they stand to date, but I do like their games to an extent. The lightsaber duels in KOTOR being unrealistic is not really that unforgivable given the fun factor of the game in general.

Jed

Cipher
Volourn said:
Really? So, you are telling me that no one here who despises BIO has bought more than one of their games despite hating others? That's interesting..If so, you are lying yet again. I, for one, can actually say I've enjoyed BIo's games so it would only make sense for me to continue buying them until I don't. Simple, rally.
You're so sensitive.

Really.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Huh?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom