Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I hate LA Boneyard

Derper

Prophet
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Bad filler is usually filler combat - tons of senseless random encounters like in old old cRPGs.
Dragon Age?

Radisshu

Prophet
Dragon Age is probably the most fillerific WRPG I've played.

Wait, NWN 2... :x

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I doubt anything beats Battletech: Crescent Hawk Inception when it comes to retarded amounts of mindless filler combat.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
I like Boneyard. Nice conflict, Deathclaws, Phat loot (upgraded plasma rifle) and Gunrunners (endless money). Whats not to like? Fallouty talking to find who is who, then deciding what to do and how. Niiiiice.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Getting Plasma Rifle upgraded in the Boneyard doesn't make sense setting-wise and as a reward.
Personally, I'd turn lower levels of the Glow into a killer dungeon and would put Turbo Plasma Rifle there.

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Boneyard always felt kind of ... unfinished to me.

Teh Glow was my favorite locale in FO.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
LusciousPear said:
Teh Glow was my favorite locale in FO.
Gotta agree, the fact that it manages to combine dungeon crawling with a minimal amount of enemies (robots) in a perfect atmosphere is fantastic. The background music is great, Radiation Storm = my favourite part of the Fallout 1 soundtrack.

Awor Szurkrarz said:
I doubt anything beats Battletech: Crescent Hawk Inception when it comes to retarded amounts of mindless filler combat.

It didn't matter much if you escaped the surprise attack on the station with the Chameleon :smug:

As for Fallout, I enjoyed the Hub and the Cathedral the most.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Blackadder said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:

It didn't matter much if you escaped the surprise attack on the station with the Chameleon :smug:
It was still an annoyance. Also, there are tons of random encounters in cities.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom