Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I want to be a Multiplayer Dragon: Bioware goes full retard.

Turjan

Arcane
Cynic said:
Codex, do you realize the implications of this? Do you understand that this means that the "I want to be a dragon" meme has actually come full circle. THINK ABOUT IT!
Yes, that was one of my first thoughts. It wasn't bad writing, it was a preview of things to come. Which is kind of sad.

It's funny how all cRPG producers copy each other in these aspects. Do they have dragons in ME3?

Cynic

Arcane
Oh wait...lol it wasn't a meme it was actually in the game.

:x

waywardOne

Arcane
Considering GW2 will likely be the only game I purchase over a 2+ year span, I find this incredibly amusing. It's like seeing an ex-girlfriend dating a poor, ugly loser to match her own decline.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Bioware possibly competing with Dragon Commander? What an odd thing to do.

Stabwound said:
Rivmusique said:
But guys Bioware have been doing MP for ages, ever heard of BG and NWN? You are obviously just the new guys that think ME and DA:O were the first Bioware games!!
:roll:

I don't know why I have to read the comments when I get linked to one of those shit gaming sites, I never come out of it feeling well.
Baldur's Gate had competitive action PVP with flying dragons? Awesome, I must try to find this amazing version of the game.
Shattered Steel was an action game with multiplayer and NWN had PvP. Why cherrypick your example?

DemonKing

Arcane
You know, I have to admit this is a great move by BIO - I mean after playing DA2 the one thing I thought was really stopping it from obtaining true greatness was arena-based multiplayer awesomeness.

It's amazing how they are not only one step ahead of the game, but so many steps ahead that the rest of us are left languishing so far behind we can't even begin to comprehend how they manage to know just how to position a franchise in a direction that none of the fans had really considered, or even wanted.

Bravo, Bio. Bravo!

Twinkle

Liturgist
So what's so decliney about these news? Bioware has proven consistently that they can't make fun single-player games anymore. Their formula is banal, shit, trite and boring. At least controlling hueg beasties is something relatively rare, though, knowing Bioware, they'll probably fuck up this part as well. Also, switching to actually modern engine is a plus.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Roguey said:
Bioware possibly competing with Dragon Commander? What an odd thing to do.

Stabwound said:
Rivmusique said:
But guys Bioware have been doing MP for ages, ever heard of BG and NWN? You are obviously just the new guys that think ME and DA:O were the first Bioware games!!
:roll:

I don't know why I have to read the comments when I get linked to one of those shit gaming sites, I never come out of it feeling well.
Baldur's Gate had competitive action PVP with flying dragons? Awesome, I must try to find this amazing version of the game.
Shattered Steel was an action game with multiplayer and NWN had PvP. Why cherrypick your example?
The main thing is that the multiplayer sounds like a completely different game to what the single player is expected to be (which the article says it may actually be). The fans are worried that the shift to a focus on a quick-match MP game mode will detract from the quality storyline and dialogue that the DA series is so loved for. Bad news guys cRPGs are beginning to :decline: , dumbing down has begun!

Really though I lost all hope for the DA series on the DA2 demo, I honestly thought they could only improve on DA:O. Nope.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom