Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout I wish this ending was unlocked, upon Gizmo's victory

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
https://fallout.wiki/wiki/Fallout_endings#Junktown

Under Gizmo's leadership, Junktown becomes a trading center and resort, where people come from miles around to gamble, spend money and enjoy themselves in relative safety. Gizmo keeps the town prosperous but healthy, as he has no desire to injure his own affluence. The inhabitants of the town become wealthy and famous.

I mean, Fallout is no stranger to endings which are outside the box, so why not? You discharge your gun on V-13's overseer in a cave, if you're a child killer, evildoer, or took the Bloody Mess trait.
I like how some locations are doomed in the sequel, despite the player actions, showing how powerless the player is. Unlike Junktown location, where you can be the goody two-shoes, defending the mayor and getting rid of the fat villain, being rewarded with a good, narrated ending slide for the location. I'd rather have the cut ending.

blessedCoffee

Patron
Strap Yourselves In
If major mods are valid entries, then Fallout 1.5 is another title that comes to mind.

The main character is a lost cause, let me explain: You cannot made it through your journey and live happily ever after, you end up abandoning your followers, and killing yourself with a pistol, as a mercy kill, to end your misery. The player can't avoid this, it's not in their power to do so.

And I believe the starting location is doomed to crumble, I'm not exactly sure.

I agree with the first post but I haven't read the second because I haven't started Resurrection yet.

Another example that I think works is in the New Vegas mod New California:
Kieva joins the legion if you do the shi ending, regardless of if you worked a deal between the NCR and the Survivalists.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The one they went with really isn't all that different, the big change is that it emphasized that he profited the most and he dies.

blessedCoffee

Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The one they went with really isn't all that different, the big change is that it emphasized that he profited the most and he dies.

If Interplay had hired the narrator to put the ending mentioned in the op, then I assume – perhaps wrongly – that they'd also ask the narrator to narrate this ending slide, so that they can put it in the game:

With Gizmo out of the way, Killian enforces his brand of frontier justice on Junktown. The city remains orderly but small, as travelers steer away from his rigid sensibilities.

And if so, I'd be quite satisfied. It would turn Gizmos' path into the preferable one, for people trying to make the different communities prosper, thrive.

The wasteland doesn't need clear-cut villains, which upon being defeated, clear the way so that a community may grow stronger, and richer, for that there's other settings, more traditional, it's a shame you take a harsh place as the wasteland and decide to add such characters, in my opinion. As many bad things as you can say about talking Deathclaws, at least they're unusual characters you get to meet.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

If Interplay had hired the narrator to put the ending mentioned in the op, then I assume – perhaps wrongly – that they'd also ask the narrator to narrate this ending slide, so that they can put it in the game:

With Gizmo out of the way, Killian enforces his brand of frontier justice on Junktown. The city remains orderly but small, as travelers steer away from his rigid sensibilities.

And if so, I'd be quite satisfied. It would turn Gizmos' path into the preferable one, for people trying to make the different communities prosper, thrive.

The wasteland doesn't need clear-cut villains, which upon being defeated, clear the way so that a community may grow stronger, and richer, for that there's other settings, more traditional, it's a shame you take a harsh place as the wasteland and decide to add such characters, in my opinion. As many bad things as you can say about talking Deathclaws, at least they're unusual characters you get to meet.
That ending was a lousy non-telegraphed player punch and they were right to go with what they went with. :M

blessedCoffee

Patron
Strap Yourselves In

That ending was a lousy non-telegraphed player punch and they were right to go with what they went with. :M
Oh, I'm sure some players would be pissed after they chose to save mr. Darkwater, and expected to unlock the best possible outcome. I still think it would make the location more memorable. The place ruled by a greedy man, attracting people from everywhere looking for easy money, but helping the town, as strange as that sounds, when you first meet the NPC. Instead of generic mayor #7321 and his "police force".

vota DC

Augur
If you don't do anything you get Gizmo's ending, I think they should give two endings for his victory. One which Gizmo wins after a civil war and the city Is wealthier but weaker (they pay other cities to avoid attacks) and another with player involved which Gizmo wins earlier and gets control of police.

blessedCoffee

Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I agree with the first post but I haven't read the second because I haven't started Resurrection yet.
I get it. I'm avoiding reading Alphons' translation of the Sonora's bible, to find out about Sonora's lore in-game, whenever the english edition is completed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom