Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

IE Modding Questions & Answers Thread

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As the title suggests, post you questions and answers here. To prove that I'm not a ponce, I'll post the first couple of things I've successfully done with the IE games. My question is after them.

1. You can switch all music between games. For instance - I personally preferred the battle music to PST over BG2. So you get hold of 'Near Infinity' & 'acm2wav' and then place them in your installation folder. Then open the 'Music' folder in NE, and click on 'BT1' (battle track 1) and convert to stereo. NI then places the music file into the overide folder, and all you have to do is switch it with the file name of the BG2 battle track files - and then dump them all into the overide folder of BG2.

You also need the SPC.ACM files from the original game.

This also works for area music and voice files. Because Beamdog fucked up the soundsets, I plan on using this method to track down their voicesets and overiding them with my own. I haven't tried it yet though. But it works in PST where TNO says "Left youself exposed idiot!" and since that grated after a while, I swapped it with "backstab!". Also works with mods: years ago I attempted to play a Drizzt mod, and replaced all soundsets.

I suppose there may be an easier way by copy>pasting the contents of the music folder between games and directing the game to them in the area files, but I haven't done it.

QUESTION: I want to create the Pendant of Yemth in BG. So I transferred the .bam file and it works - but the resolution is too big. So you can see it when you pick it up, but when you equip it, or when its in the inventory, you can only see the bottom right corner of it. Can it be resized like the portraits?.

This is on the original games.

Last edited:

Poseidon00

Arcane
I can do everything except making areas and implementing them. Explain it to me like I'm retarded.

Spukrian

Savant
I know how to make my own kits, what else does one need to know? :D Tbh I haven't actually made any kits worth playing, they all somehow end up too overpowered...

Poseidon00

Arcane
A.I is always a fun thing to script. Lots of ways to make the game alot harder on yourself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom