Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry If Wizardry had Heroes-like take on the series

How factions and their units would look like?

Yeah, i'm playing wiz8 again :shittydog:

I had a few specific line-ups in my mind a few years ago, can't remember much though, gotta find them txt files.

Promising title, but content was shallow. :1/5:

Yeah well, it's more of a showerthought than anything else, still can't find my old scribblings (along with sketches) on this topic. Figured it's not an extremely original idea and someone else might have(had) something on their mind.

But alas... :negative:

Llama-Yak Hybrid

Wild Sheep
Dumbfuck
Interesting idea, but the thing is that Heroes is more than "just" strategic conversion of Might and Magic so if Heroes of Wizardry would work in parallel it would happen on another girl another planet

TigerKnee

Arcane
Heroes of Wizardry 3 was going to have an expansion that would add the Mook, T'Rang and Umpani as playable factions but fans sent death threats to SirTech so they had to create a new race made entirely from leftover monster models like the Elementals.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Personally, I think my old maps for HoMM3 kinda feel like this idea. When I was still in school, friends and I used to make maps and exchange them using these new and popular 128 mb usb drives. IIRC HoMM3 editor is really easy and intuitive to use even if you never tried to create maps or mods for games before.

While my friends used to make "9999 vs 9999 monsters" maps, I used to keep a very small army (e.g. 1 archer, 1 crusader and 1 monk) and kept the enemy squads pretty small too (but it was possible to wipe out the player's party, and I had to test every fight to make sure that the battle will result in player's failure unless he stops acting like a dumbfuck). Also flooded the maps with nasty random encounters along with visible encounters (which served as a good wall to keep the player away until he finds more party members). Also, magic had to be used regularly to keep the party members alive.

Of course HoMM editor is pretty limited in that regard (didn't care about the fanmade expansions and extensions, since WoG and all these customizations looked great on paper but so-so in terms of gameplay), but it's still possible to use it in a creative way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom