Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

in the boundaries of adventure genre

Barbader

Novice
precisely now im deciding if install GK III i tried it before but i entered in a "death to the classic adventure" mood. I still wonder why adventure genre doesnt search other ways of storytelling... there are some models out there, some ideas of games like Fahrenheit(waiting some blaming) or Facade. Above all i miss freedom and narrative flexibility. I wish to know titles in this sense or simply odd or weird ones.

Facade a one-act interactive drama

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I think you should play GKIII it's a great game if you're not concerned about some blocky 3d graphics. The story is ,again, very well written and it has some very good puzzles.

Psychonauts is a unique and clever game. It's made by Tim Schafer that was one of the lead developers of Lucasarts and main creator of Grim Fandago. It combines adventure with platform and some rpg elements. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychonauts

Nameless0ne

Novice
Yes, just go ahead and try out GK3. It is really a great game. I liked GK1 more though, have you tried it? I loved Fahrenheit too, i am yet to try out Facade -heard a lot about it! :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom