Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Installing Ascension and Redemption for BG2:SOA

Saran

Scholar
After solving the problem i had with the dialogue in BG2 (i made a topic in this forum yesterday, but deleted it when i found the answer to my question.), i decided to download the Ascension and Redemption mods for BG2:TOB, while im nowhere near finishing SOA i had considered installing the pair of them but im a bit worried about fucking up the dialogue again or messing up scripted events.

So has anyone else tried them out?

Is it ok to install them if i havent finished SOA yet? (Im still working my way threw chapter 2.)

Have they messed up your dialog.tlk or prevented you from finishing a quest?

I have the most recent versions of both mods. (Redemption V 1.2 and Ascension-WeiDU-V 1.4.21, both of them are the executable versions.)

Ellester

Liturgist
Well, I haven’t tried it, but considering I played the mods I can probably give a good guess.

Don’t quote me on this, but they should be fine if you haven’t started TOB yet. There is nothing either of these two mods introduce that effect SOA. Also considering TOB is really a separate game in how it works I couldn’t see how it would affect your SOA game.

PennyAnte

Liturgist
@ Saran

I just picked the game up again. Where can I find more about those mods?

I installed a romance mod (how could I not, this is me we're talking about), a level cap raiser, and Baldurdash fixes. I haven't really gotten going yet b/c of work, so any other quality mod suggestions would be good.

I'd like to get them in early.

Saran

Scholar
Sorry about taking so long to reply, ive posted this ages ago and ive since finished both SOA and TOB, when it took so long for someone to reply i thought that no-one would bother so when i saw that Penny Ante had replied i presumed it was to another topic. :oops:

I found them over at Sorcerers.net, PennyAnte.

A lot of interesting things can be found here, definetly download the Bonus and Collectors edition merchants if you dont have them already, its got a couple of things you should recognise if you've played PS:T

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_editors4.php.

Ascension can be found here:http://www.weidu.org/asc.html

Redemption can be found here:http://www.onlinefiction.net/Redemption/Redemption.html

I haven't really tried any other mods, most of them arent that interesting and the ones that are tend to be a bit on the large side.

As for Redemtion and Ascension, well, Ascension was pretty good, it made TOB a bit more interesting, but i wouldnt install the tougher boss battles unless you're sure, it makes them nearly impossible, redemption however stuck out like a sore thumb, you could tell it was the work of an amateur, for some weird reason the writer thought it would be ok if your characters went from calm reasonable people, to 17 year old americans, i was waiting for Minsc to say "U R TEH SUXXORZ!!!!!" so if you dont want a completely fucked up endgame i would probably avoid installing Redemption, even the opportunity to redeem Jon Irenicus isnt worth the badly judged lines.

Linedog

Novice
Try BG1TUTU. Play BG1 with Soa engine, graphics and rules plus many tweaks. There is one to asisign kits to some of the npc's.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom