Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is Gothic 3 performance doomed?

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
HDD?

SSD, bitches.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I'm downloading the patch right now. It's pretty big so it's gonna take some time for it to download and for me to test it out properly. I'll let you guys know how it is when I'm done.

Licaon_Kter

Augur
g3ee.jpg

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The game still runs like shit, but the combat is sligthly more interesting and intelligent. If you could play and enjoy Gothic 3 before, you might want to play it again with the 1.7 patch. For those who couldn't stand the game due to how shittily it ran, just ignore.

Luzur

Good Sir
huh, i never had any performance problems with Gothic III, only time it lagged was when i had spawned alot of rebel fighters and Orcs outside Venguard.

epic but slow battle.

although it crashed one time when i entered the Desert for the first time.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
for me Gothic 3 runs fine sometimes, but when I'm running in the wilderness it freezes up every 30 seconds or so for a few seconds. It really, really drains out the fun. And I can't run the game with full settings, but I'm guess that has omething to do with my using Vista and only having 2 gig RAM. Vista and this game being the RAM hogs they are..

nomask7

Arcane
You could use a program called AlacrityPC to free up RAM in Vista, though if you have Vista, it's beyond me why you don't also have 4 gigs of RAM.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
nomask7 said:
You could use a program called AlacrityPC to free up RAM in Vista, though if you have Vista, it's beyond me why you don't also have 4 gigs of RAM.

Probably because I don't play any modern games with my PC. No point in investing money on something I don't really need.

Deleted member 7219

Gothic 3 is one of my favourite games. I'd love to hear from anyone who has tried it out with the 1.7 patch. If the performance really has improved, I might install it again.

Nedrah

Erudite
http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=30833

People are reporting impressive performance boosts, it seems. Looks like the quest pack also already got released for 1.7 - although that might only be true for the German version. I really almost feel like playing the game again just for the chance of seeing it run decently for once - I only fear that I might be setting myself up for another disappointment as soon as I try... actually playing the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom