Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is Obsidian Entertainment a good studio?

Objectively speaking, Obsidian is...

• Pretty capable.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rather average.

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Quite mediocre.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Apathy is death.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
i see why people rate kotor 2 over kotor 1. They just created a story of their own for kotor 2, so its like a REAL interactive story. You make is up as you go.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
zerotol said:
i see why people rate kotor 2 over kotor 1. They just created a story of their own for kotor 2, so its like a REAL interactive story. You make is up as you go.

Hey, is it our fault that apparently you suck at drawing conclusions and observing small details that add up to the overall story a lot?

Tigranes

Arcane
Maybe KOTOR2 should have put in a bible verse as well, to make it dramatic and stuff

Liberal

Barely Literate
zerotol said:

Yes, we are all Obsidian spies.

Tigranes said:
Maybe KOTOR2 should have put in a bible verse as well, to make it dramatic and stuff
That's a brilliant idea!

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Darth Roxor said:
zerotol said:

Hey, is it our fault that apparently you suck at drawing conclusions and observing small details that add up to the overall story a lot?

Not really it has just been ages that i played the game. Only thing i still vivedly remember is the incredible lackluster ending and the bugs.

The last time i played it , the game crashed while saving and my save was corrupted. I only had a few chars left and they were completely white.

I just dont understand how people can rate a broken game so high.

Amon Gesoto

Educated
I liked KoToR 2 myself, bugs and cut content aside. The biggest plus of the game was that, unlikes the first one which only hinted at it, KoToR 2 basicly came out and said the Jedi are pricks. Which they are.

NWN 2 was, however, crap. I don't care too much for the combat (which is the only thing that can be called gameplay), and the story itself made me feel like vomiting. MotB, on the otherhand, had a good story and some good characters, which carried me through the combat. SoZ, however, didn't have a good story. I stopped playing after I had returned to the jungle continent, so perhaps I missed something that was interesting; but if it took that many yawns to find it, I could care less. SoZ did have some nice addendums to the gameplay, like the overland map. But without a lot of interesting content it didn't carry the game very far.

As it stands, Obsidian is pretty good. But Alpha Protocol, or the Aliens RPG, which ever comes first, is going to drive home whether they're a fountain of renewal, or just another cesspool.

BloodyPuppy

Scholar
If you want a more challenging experience there's a mod somewhere on this site (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/) that makes blasters and lightsabers much more deadly (like one hit kills with not armor). It does make it so you pretty much have to cheat on Peragus. If you don't give yourself a shield of some sort there really isn't any way to get past the first droids you encounter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom