Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is Resident Evil 5 worth not remove from an inventory for?

Felix

Arcane
I played it a bit before, seem like a straight up steroid pumped shooter with stupid controls, forced co-op and none of Resident Evil 4 clever designs. I want to know if the full game worth the bandwidth ?

Co-op isn't forced as long as you don't play on Professional mode, partner AI handles itself quite well on Veteran, I gave her all the healing items and she did fine with the task. It's also important to give her weapons that use different type of ammo than those of yours. Inventory system can be a pain in the ass though, there's no denying that. Overall an enjoyable game and replayable at least once for all the upgrades and unlockable weapons. RE4 is of course better (if you don't count shitty porting and lack of mouse support) and much longer.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
RE4 is a classic - one of those games that will still be talked about in glowing terms for decades to come. RE5 is shorter and not quite so well designed and atmospheric, but still a very enjoyable experience. So yeah, I'd say it's worth it.

AlaCarcuss said:
RE4 is a classic - one of those games that will still be talked about in glowing terms for decades to come.

If it weren't for some annoying quick time events I'd probably consider it to be a masterpiece. Now it's just great.

Pablosdog

Prophet
Its fun if you have a buddy to play with, if not. No. The game is riddled with terrible level design,story, and a horrid inventory system.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
RE5 is shit, but at the same time, me and a friend of mine played it for hours. You'd be amazed, but in truth co-op makes the game goddamn interesting, much more so than single player. Story blows, more than other RE games. Horror element is completely gone, and instead replaced with some crappy action story. However, it's got niggers in it. And you're a whitey killing them. So it's not all bad.

Truman

Scholar
It's a blast to play co-op. The shooting mechanics are crisp and satisfying and you'll have a lot of fun unlocking new guns. The boss battles are ridiculous though, so be prepared to visit Gamefags.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
root said:
fizzelopeguss said:
Rock punching, stfu you cunt.

man that scene was priceless

it was the purest video game logic.

Chris: "sheva's in trouble, i need to reach her"

little japanese dev dude: "chris is an action hero, let's have him show his pure desperation at the situation by having him hulk the fuck out and falcon punch the boulder"

Everyone: "BRILLIANT!"

entertainer

Arbiter
You have no new messages

Check-out Codex Merchandise - Buy stuff from Amazon - Link Converter
T-Shirt Hell | Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Fishpond.co.nz
(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)

Donate and get rid
of these pesky ads!

Codex T-Shirts RPG Codex :: Latest News
Legerdemain & other assorted Roguelike Updates
DeathSpank finally coming to PC
On Game Design and Deus Ex: Human Revolution Tacticular Cancer :: Latest News
Shogun 2: Morder Dem
Squad Battles: Red Victory at Armchair General
AGEOD on Pride of Nations
Codex Mugs

Is Resident Evil 5 worth not remove from an inventory for?

The Codex Forums -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic
Felix

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 13:05:20 Post subject: Is Resident Evil 5 worth not remove from an inventory for?

I played it a bit before, seem like a straight up steroid pumped shooter with stupid controls, forced co-op and none of Resident Evil 4 clever designs. I want to know if the full game worth the bandwidth ?

Multidirectional

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 13:15:25 Post subject:

Co-op isn't forced as long as you don't play on Professional mode, partner AI handles itself quite well on Veteran, I gave her all the healing items and she did fine with the task. It's also important to give her weapons that use different type of ammo than those of yours. Inventory system can be a pain in the ass though, there's no denying that. Overall an enjoyable game and replayable at least once for all the upgrades and unlockable weapons. RE4 is of course better (if you don't count shitty porting and lack of mouse support) and much longer.

AlaCarcuss

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 17:23:07 Post subject:

RE4 is a classic - one of those games that will still be talked about in glowing terms for decades to come. RE5 is shorter and not quite so well designed and atmospheric, but still a very enjoyable experience. So yeah, I'd say it's worth it.

Secretninja

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 17:36:19 Post subject:

Depends, do you live in Australia or some retarded place where you have to pay per gig downloaded?
_________________AndhairaX wrote:
Shit thread by a shit poster. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Multidirectional

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 18:25:30 Post subject:

AlaCarcuss wrote:
RE4 is a classic - one of those games that will still be talked about in glowing terms for decades to come.

If it weren't for some annoying quick time events I'd probably consider it to be a masterpiece. Now it's just great.

Pablosdog

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 19:17:50 Post subject:

Its fun if you have a buddy to play with, if not. No. The game is riddled with terrible level design,story, and a horrid inventory system.

fizzelopeguss

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 19:40:39 Post subject:

Resi4 is a masterpiece, resident evil 5 is fantastic.
_________________MetalCraze wrote:
And 5870 is the amount of transistors, SPUs, etc. available on 4890 - roughly speaking - multiplied by two, so? Basically the same thing as having dual GPU.

Major_Blackhart
-

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 20:26:58 Post subject:

RE5 is shit, but at the same time, me and a friend of mine played it for hours. You'd be amazed, but in truth co-op makes the game goddamn interesting, much more so than single player. Story blows, more than other RE games. Horror element is completely gone, and instead replaced with some crappy action story. However, it's got niggers in it. And you're a whitey killing them. So it's not all bad.

fizzelopeguss

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 20:43:25 Post subject:

And 5870 is the amount of transistors, SPUs, etc. available on 4890 - roughly speaking - multiplied by two, so? Basically the same thing as having dual GPU.

desocupado

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 21:05:05 Post subject:

It's decent, 4 was better, as was pointed out. Worth a play through.

root

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 21:26:40 Post subject:

fizzelopeguss wrote:

Truman

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 21:40:46 Post subject:

It's a blast to play co-op. The shooting mechanics are crisp and satisfying and you'll have a lot of fun unlocking new guns. The boss battles are ridiculous though, so be prepared to visit Gamefags.

fizzelopeguss

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 21:44:21 Post subject:

root wrote:
fizzelopeguss wrote:

it was the purest video game logic.

Chris: "sheva's in trouble, i need to reach her"

little japanese dev dude: "chris is an action hero, let's have him show his pure desperation at the situation by having him hulk the fuck out and falcon punch the boulder"

Everyone: "BRILLIANT!"

Felix

Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 17:15:09 Post subject:

I raged quit and boot up RE4 on Wii again.

The Codex Forums -> General Gaming All times are GMT + 3 Hours

Page 1 of 1
Watch this topic for replies Jump to:

Quick Reply:

Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

The Codex expects that every man shall do his patriotic duty and give internets.