Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ITZ near: IGN sucks off ArmA2's dick

MetalCraze

Arcane
That includes their target audience

http://bestof.ign.com/2010/pc/most-challenging.html

Not that I disagree with them. And the comments are shitting on ME2 there. What's going on? Is this a proof that intelligent life exists on IGN?

Feel free to rage about the rest of the list like ME2 having the best story

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well to be honest, it got a mention for 'most challenging' game and the only other rival was probably chess. Mostly awful derp but nice to see Amnesia rewarded in two categories.

MetalCraze

Arcane
commie said:
Well to be honest, it got a mention for 'most challenging' game and the only other rival was probably chess.
Or latest Stalker - I don't understand what's so hardcore about it apart from "it's the game I like". Although I've heard Meatboy is very hard. Haven't tried it cuz I kinda dislike new-style arcades, they are silly.

Mostly awful derp but nice to see Amnesia rewarded in two categories.

It's like they hold 2 groups of reviewers. One consists of retards who never held anything in their hands but xbawks controller and developer's cock and the other one is normal reviewers which are used for games IGN is not getting paid for.

Wasn't Arma II latest addon/DLC about how they try to make the game closer to Modern Warfare? Gotcha'.
Closer to shit maybe. No CoD player will come near it. Not only the engine, which you can't force into being railroaded no matter how hard you try, isn't right for this but it also was done by BIS Brno - the new studio created from mediocre modders so the quality is so bad only rabid fanboys will fap to the new DLC.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
MetalCraze said:
Or latest Stalker - I don't understand what's so hardcore about it apart from "it's the game I like". Although I've heard Meatboy is very hard. Haven't tried it cuz I kinda dislike new-style arcades, they are silly.

Heh, any arcade style game is 'too hard' for me. I just don't have the reflexes for them.

It's like they hold 2 groups of reviewers. One consists of retards who never held anything in their hands but xbawks controller and developer's cock and the other one is normal reviewers which are used for games IGN is not getting paid for.

Indeed. I know Amnesia has its issues but hopefully this one bit of good IGN has done will generate more sales so they last to make anther game.

Closer to shit maybe. No CoD player will come near it. Not only the engine, which you can't force into being railroaded no matter how hard you try, isn't right for this but it also was done by BIS Brno - the new studio created from mediocre modders so the quality is so bad only rabid fanboys will fap to the new DLC.

I know I sometimes troll about Arma when I get the shits with the bugs, but I'm wondering if it's now going the way of ' Op Flashpoint Red River which would be a fucking travesty. Codemasters fucked up with DR and I don't know why the fuck BIS would want to go that way, but stranger and more fucked things certainly have happened. There seems to be a need to always get more and more sales with devs, even at the cost of killing what they are good at.

MetalCraze

Arcane
pipka said:
ARMA fans baffles me. Project Reality is tonnes better.

Let's see. ArmA - realism, tactics, great emphasis on the teamwork, a great modding scene and a proper sandbox editor.

Project Reality - Battlefield 2 without crosshairs! Wow!

BTW you do know that PR is moved to ArmA2 now, right?

Codemasters fucked up with DR and I don't know why the fuck BIS would want to go that way, but stranger and more fucked things certainly have happened. There seems to be a need to always get more and more sales with devs, even at the cost of killing what they are good at.
They also gave us the same bullshit like Battlefront - "the time has come when making big games brings not enough money so we will release DLCs now". That's funny considering that OA is like their most successful game/standalone expansion to date - in fact even IGN audience which never really cared about their previous games knows and likes it (and even both Gamespot and IGN reviewers praised OA quite a bit). Of course I guess that's due to a Recruit difficulty where even a monkey will be able to play AA2.
At least on the other hand BIS keeps adding new gameplay elements to ArmA2 with patches making it more realistic - not that it helps with that stupid "pay 10 bucks for one weapon and a few character/vehicle models unless you want to see them looking worse than OFP ones when someone desides to make a mission with them".

relootz

Scholar
I played Stalker : COP and i wouldn't really call it a challenging game..

You just can't run around like a chicken without a head while trying to shoot everybody but that hardly makes it a challenging game..

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
relootz said:
I played Stalker : COP and i wouldn't really call it a challenging game..

You just can't run around like a chicken without a head while trying to shoot everybody but that hardly makes it a challenging game..

Playing a game sensibly and semi-realistically is the new 'hard'. "OMFG, this gaem suxors! I trid 2 rocket jump end got bloawn up!"

KalosKagathos

Learned
Bayonetta on the Nonstop Infinite Climax difficulty was the most challenging game of the year. Sorry, PCtards.

KalosKagathos

Learned
Bayonetta QTE bosses suck. Fighting normal enemies, OTOH, is orgasmic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom