Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Just finished DA2

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
bhlaab said:
Good news, they recycled the dungeons because that means more content.

Eurogamer: Are you happy with the reviews of Dragon Age II?

Mike Laidlaw: I am. What we're seeing is a pretty wide range; I've seen perfects, I've seen less than perfects. There are some things I think that are certainly fair criticisms: the re-use of the levels is something we knew was a bit of a risk, but we wanted to make sure there was more content rather than less, so re-using some of the spaces and coming to them again was certainly one we were careful about and tried to re-use as artfully as we could. When we look at reviews and certain concerns that gives us really good, solid feedback to work from in the future. When I see reviews that comment on the way the story is told or interactions with the followers, those are very, very positive, and I'm extremely gratified.

The Biowhore sheeple will buy this bioshit anyway. I woud never dream that New Betpizda game have potential to better than Bioware product. :decline:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Biomoron said:
So the game takes place mostly in one city? Who cares? Baldur's Gate 2's content was mostly in the huge city of Athkatla.

So the dungeons are too similar to each other? Who cares? I've played RPG's for years and cannot remember the last time I was surprised by a dungeon.

These complaints sound petty when you consider the whole game..and they are. Ignore them people and enjoy DA2 and it's charms.
And this is why we can't have nice things.

Don't bother that the whole city of Kirkwall is smaller than 2 district of Athkatla, plus it is a ghosttown without people and life. Also I think that we get it in the wrong way. We don't need variety, we need copy-pasted dungeons. Just ignore every part of the game, and enjoy it.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Commissar Draco said:
bhlaab said:

Mike Laidlaw: I am. What we're seeing is a pretty wide range; I've seen perfects, I've seen less than perfects. There are some things I think that are certainly fair criticisms: the re-use of the levels is something we knew was a bit of a risk, but we wanted to make sure there was more content rather than less, so re-using some of the spaces and coming to them again was certainly one we were careful about and tried to re-use as artfully as we could. When we look at reviews and certain concerns that gives us really good, solid feedback to work from in the future. When I see reviews that comment on the way the story is told or interactions with the followers, those are very, very positive, and I'm extremely gratified.

The Biowhore sheeple will buy this bioshit anyway. I woud never dream that New Betpizda game have potential to better than Bioware product. :decline:
His reasoning doesn't surprise me at all. It's exactly the same way of thinking that lead to countless filler encounter or addition of "kill n enemies"/fedex quests which have been a problem of RPGs for years. Usually, instead of criticising that, most of the gamers will rather praise the game for its length.

racofer

Thread Incliner
bhlaab said:

Why not make the whole game take place in one square room? That way you can add in even MOAR CONTEMPT!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
racofer said:
bhlaab said:

Why not make the whole game take place in one square room? That way you can add in even MOAR CONTEMPT!

There probably are one-room RPG concepts more promising than DA2. Codex could probably think up some in under 15 minutes.

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
hoverdog said:
meanwhile, biofags are getting desperate:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/drago ... _items=100

several accounts writing the same fucking review? why not.

wYjdj.png

:thumbsup:

This is the type of fan Bioware is targeting - those that will give their game scores equal to their IQ

Biofan motto: Bio-Ware it's alway faithful of him.

0K4na.png

91Wq5.png

:lol:

v6g35.png

VD, is that you?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
racofer said:
Jaesun, what if you find out that was a 4channer?

heh well that review just screams OMG HAI! I'm a codex Obsidian fanboi! Granted the non mention of Arcanum and Fallout throws me off the trail...

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
For those of you who are angry about having nails shoved in your dicks, try to judge that experience without a single comparison to anything else, and it won't feel as painful.

DraQ

Arcane
racofer said:
bhlaab said:

Hint:
There is no such thing as "artful copypasta", you deranged laidlow fuck.

Though maybe it is an attempt to somehow stay true to BG as I remember fuckload of (thankfully minor) copypasted interiors in BG1.

In any case:
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: MOAR CONTEMPT!

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
DraQ said:
racofer said:
bhlaab said:

Hint:

Though maybe it is an attempt to somehow stay true to BG as I remember fuckload of (thankfully minor) copypasted interiors in BG1.

In any case:

LEAVE BG ALONE YOU TROLL!!11!1!!!1

DraQ

Arcane
Pelvis Knot said:
DraQ said:
racofer said:
bhlaab said:

Hint:

In any case:

LEAVE BG ALONE YOU TROLL!!11!1!!!1
Why? It was a mediocre game.

I actually have a playthrough in progress (n-th attempt) as I want to play BG2 eventually and I would prefer playing it with an imported character, but guess what? BG is a mediocre game. It can be somewhat fun if played in a laidback manner, polish VOs help with enjoyment too, but about the only two good things about BG1 are low HP and the fact that characters in your party react to each other, even to the point of duking it out if they are particularly conflicted.

Save for those the game is mostly crap. And it does have a lot of copypasted interiors.

(Of course I'm assuming here that your post wasn't entirely ironic, which is probably untrue.)

waywardOne

Arcane
DraQ said:
only if you burgled every house would you notice!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
waywardOne said:
DraQ said:
only if you burgled every house would you notice!
Yes, and because there were hundreds of houses in the game, copy-pasting those is somewhat understandable. It was not like DA2, where every dungeon and catacomb is the same.

waywardOne

Arcane
this is about one-fifth of the interiors from bg. sadly, only a few could be considered grimdark enough for modern gamers.

onefifth.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom