Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter King Arthur: Knight's Tale + Legion IX standalone expansion - dark fantasy turn-based tactical RPG from NeocoreGames

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I don't want to be that guy but are there really that many people that buy these kind of games on consoles? Seems like quite a lot of effort for something that might not net that many sales.

The alternative is thinking that every single TB tactical and RPG company are releasing their games on consoles despite net income loss after net income loss, and while I know the average Codexer thinks himself more clever by half than everybody else, in this instance I would say: "come on".

More to your point: people play Baldur's Gate on their phones. People are nuts

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Such inanity brings a profit mostly because the ports tend to be low effort and that's because games are consolified from the get go, even if PC release comes first, making them worse for the actual target audience. It's beggar's belief that games which are obviously niche on PC, like this one, sell some big numbers on consoles. There are even well-known cases of actually BIG titles that tank on consoles to a hilarious extent, XCOM2 would probably be the most relevant example here.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Expansion comes out early 2024:

If thinking about the Roman Empire isn't enough.. now you can experience leading a Roman campaign!

Players will experience the Roman campaign through the eyes of a tribune of the Ninth Legion, who has been tasked with locating and launching an assault on Avalon - leading an elite team of daemon legionnaires.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1157390/view/3877098283552681747

King Arthur: Legion IX
announcing the all new expansion to King Arthur: Knight's Tale

Arise!

It is the beginning of a new era on the Isle of Avalon! We're happy to announce that King Arthur: Legion IX will be launching in early 2024. This expansion to the critically acclaimed tactical role-playing game, King Arthur: Knight's Tale, completely changes how you experience the mythical island: new heroes, foes, combat mechanics will provide interesting twists, as the game is played from the perspective of the Roman Ninth Legion.

Check out the cinematic trailer!

This brand new campaign will detail how the Legion prepares for an invasion and uncovers the remains of a Roman colony in Avalon. The new protagonist must reveal the hidden secrets of the Lady of the Lake.

Stay tuned for more information about this robust new tale, meanwhile you can check out the previous game (which is now on sale on Steam!) if you still haven't. It will receive a free 2.0 update and a new Season on December 2, 2023, and will also launch on consoles on February 22, 2024.

This is certainly an exciting time for the lost souls of Avalon! What do you expect to see until we reveal more?

Please let us know!

Last edited:

covr

Prophet
Patron
I've bought this recently and waiting until 2nd Dec to start playing for the first time. Just finishing reading of Bernard Cornwell arthurian trylogy so I am in the mood for this kind of game.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I've always (?) wanted to lead an undead Roman legion. Hopefully they put more thought into endgame balance this time around.

Salvo

Arcane
I've bought this recently and waiting until 2nd Dec to start playing for the first time. Just finishing reading of Bernard Cornwell arthurian trylogy so I am in the mood for this kind of game.
Read it last year, beautiful series.

ferratilis

Magister
Sounds interesting. I wonder if it's based on the actual Legio IX Hispana or they just named it like that because it sounds cool.

Although I'd rather have Legio VI Ferrata (the origin of my nickname)
:smug:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Expansion comes out early 2024:

If thinking about the Roman Empire isn't enough.. now you can experience leading a Roman campaign!

Players will experience the Roman campaign through the eyes of a tribune of the Ninth Legion, who has been tasked with locating and launching an assault on Avalon - leading an elite team of daemon legionnaires.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I kept putting off buying this game because it refused to go on a big enough discount (probably because it's too successful), but I just randomly remembered it's always a good idea to check potato shoppes for best deals, and indeed! I just got it for 40% of the basic price

fI1Kpkc.jpg

This better be good or I will be unpleasant.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I see I've bought it for 19 Euro from GameBillet, which seems like a crazy good price for how good it is.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I kept putting off buying this game because it refused to go on a big enough discount (probably because it's too successful), but I just randomly remembered it's always a good idea to check potato shoppes for best deals, and indeed! I just got it for 40% of the basic price

fI1Kpkc.jpg

This better be good or I will be unpleasant.

shouldda just begged me for it, I prolly wouldda shelled out the money for this gem for a poor polack monocle wearing gentleman such as yourself

Lacrymas

Arcane
Don't buy from shady grey market sites, pirate it instead. Devs themselves prefer that. On top of that, if you are willing to wait long enough, official retailers are 90% of the time cheaper anyway.

Readher

Savant
Nah, Neocore is a company I'm willing to give money to myself. Gotta support brotherly magyar economy.
If you bought it that cheap, then it's probably some Russoid credit card thief that got your money, and not the devs.
No, it's a legit potato game shop (muve), not a reseller haven.
Yeah, that's fine. It's sold out, tho. Too bad.

The cheapest legit place to get it is https://uk.etail.market/king-arthur-knight-s-tale-1 at the moment (extra -5% off with etailextr5).

Lacrymas

Arcane
Our upcoming Patch 2.0 and the new season, Rising Eclipse are just around the corner!

We wanted to give you one final sneak peek into the patch notes and some upcoming changes before release, but keep in mind, we are just scratching the surface here.

The full patch notes are around 25-26 pages long and close to 9000 words. Yup.

GENERAL
Resurrection Tome now resurrects Heroes on the same level as the highest level Hero in the Round Table.
The use of Tomes that grant a bonus for 1 Mission is now restricted: the same Hero can't use multiple Tomes of the same type on a Mission.
Most AP/Kill effects have been restricted in the game to work only once per Turn.

CLASS BALANCE
Marksman:
Adrenaline: Changed to Once per Turn the Hero gains 2 AP when killing a Unit.
Long Reach: Increased the bonus damage of the Prepared mastery from 25% to 50%.

Sage:
A new passive skill has been added to Tier 2 for all Sages except Morgawse
Globe of Protection: Can now be cast on Allies.

Champion:
Whirlwind: Reduced default AP cost from 6 to 4
The "Extra Bleeding" and "Robust" passives have been swapped on the skill tree

Arcanist:
Force Bolt: Increased the bonus AP granted by Mindgame from 1 to 2.
Fire Blast: Now causes burning by default.

Vanguard:
Jumping Attack: Jumping Attack no longer jumps back to the original position after the attack.
Bear Trap: The duration of the Slow has been increased from 1 to 2 Turns.

Defender:
Vigilance: Now reduces Damage received from Overwatch and Opportunity Attacks by 50%, instead of 30%
Strike: Bonebreaker's extra Damage was increased from 15% to 25%.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Our upcoming Patch 2.0 and the new season, Rising Eclipse are just around the corner!

We wanted to give you one final sneak peek into the patch notes and some upcoming changes before release, but keep in mind, we are just scratching the surface here.

The full patch notes are around 25-26 pages long and close to 9000 words. Yup.

GENERAL
Resurrection Tome now resurrects Heroes on the same level as the highest level Hero in the Round Table.
The use of Tomes that grant a bonus for 1 Mission is now restricted: the same Hero can't use multiple Tomes of the same type on a Mission.
Most AP/Kill effects have been restricted in the game to work only once per Turn.

CLASS BALANCE
Marksman:
Adrenaline: Changed to Once per Turn the Hero gains 2 AP when killing a Unit.
Long Reach: Increased the bonus damage of the Prepared mastery from 25% to 50%.

Sage:
A new passive skill has been added to Tier 2 for all Sages except Morgawse
Globe of Protection: Can now be cast on Allies.

Champion:
Whirlwind: Reduced default AP cost from 6 to 4
The "Extra Bleeding" and "Robust" passives have been swapped on the skill tree

Arcanist:
Force Bolt: Increased the bonus AP granted by Mindgame from 1 to 2.
Fire Blast: Now causes burning by default.

Vanguard:
Jumping Attack: Jumping Attack no longer jumps back to the original position after the attack.
Bear Trap: The duration of the Slow has been increased from 1 to 2 Turns.

Defender:
Vigilance: Now reduces Damage received from Overwatch and Opportunity Attacks by 50%, instead of 30%
Strike: Bonebreaker's extra Damage was increased from 15% to 25%.

Welp, I hope the class balance is a little more extensive than that. Game is great but I wouldn't mind being able to bring Marksmen and Defenders without feeling I'm shooting myself in the foot.

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
Welp, I hope the class balance is a little more extensive than that. Game is great but I wouldn't mind being able to bring Marksmen and Defenders without feeling I'm shooting myself in the foot.
I always found Defenders to be great.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom