Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingmakers - Go back in time and shoot medievals with modern weapons

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I've always said that Russian isekai will end up splashing out into the Western world, because it's just too cool a concept and will easily sprout in the western landscape, barren of ideas.

We have thousands of novels of some russian dude finding himself in ancient Egypt, in WW2 (to consult Stalin), in the Harry Potter world, in anywhere. Everywhere.
"Comrade Granger" - a 1946 Soviet pilot finds himself in the body of Hermione. Stalin finds himself in the Heroes of Might & Magic III world. If you can think of it, we did it.

A russian dude in the middle ages is normal and boring for us, yet completely new for the West. Welcome to the party.

b18b427e53ac5903a8018cf46e759c59.png

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Interesting premise (that's been done a few times but not for videogames).

Hilarious to see someone with assault rifles in the thick of a melee.

Will have to see how it's executed.

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
I don't know if it will be good, but I'm even surprised we didn't get this before. Event Mount & Blade has mods for this lol. That being said, I see some cool stuff, like the fact you can switch with RTS mode to control units.

I've always said that Russian isekai will end up splashing out into the Western world, because it's just too cool a concept and will easily sprout in the western landscape, barren of ideas.

We have thousands of novels of some russian dude finding himself in ancient Egypt, in WW2 (to consult Stalin), in the Harry Potter world, in anywhere. Everywhere.
"Comrade Granger" - a 1946 Soviet pilot finds himself in the body of Hermione. Stalin finds himself in the Heroes of Might & Magic III world. If you can think of it, we did it.

A russian dude in the middle ages is normal and boring for us, yet completely new for the West. Welcome to the party.

b18b427e53ac5903a8018cf46e759c59.png

It’s older to the West. What do you think Mark Twain’s A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court is?

Interesting premise (that's been done a few times but not for videogames).

Hilarious to see someone with assault rifles in the thick of a melee.

Will have to see how it's executed.

This is essentially what happens in games like Age of Empires, Empire Earth, and Civilization when the tech level gag gets big.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom