Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun and other examples of Square being full of shit

Would you like to play Dead Sun?

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Yes, but only as a standalone title

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • fuck you

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ravielsk

Magister
MVDZ5hR.jpg

As a long time Legacy of Kain fan I was never particularly invested in Dead Sun as I viewed as a shitty idea that never got too far into development. But after viewing the latest RainaAudron video on it I had to revise my position a bit. For one I always assumed the game never really left the alpha stage and all the footage we had was essentially a trumped up tech demo that probably would have never translated into an actual game. But as it turns out, no it was actually pretty close to being finished. The footage we have is just of a vertical slice from an earlier stage of development that was used to demo the game. On top that the story while completely at odds with the Lok series had some real potential as standalone vampire game(the whore saint idea for example fits like a glove for a vampire title) or with a bit of retooling as a "what if" story for the LoK series.

Which is where the second part of this thread comes in. Its was a shit headed idea but it could have been so easily salvaged that it hurts. Square enix could have easily salvaged the game by either slightly retooling to make it more in line with the original series or simply released it as a spiritual successor of sorts(without the Legacy of Kain sub-title). They would have absolutely recuperated hell of lot more money that way than never releasing it and trying to reuse the assets for a free2play coop shooter.

I knew that company was headed by clowns but I always though they were business clowns instead of just clowns. Dumping millions over the course of a decade into a singular FF game is 100% Daijoubu but putting out a game that was reaching its final stages of development? Fuck no, how could we undertake such a financial risk?! The mafia has to be sponsoring them to allow for such absolute level of retardation.

Which leads me to the question could you imagine yourself wanting to play Dead Sun as either a bastardized continuation of the series or as a standalone?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom