Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic and Metal Zero, game jam Wizardrylike

shram86

Arcane
Developer
(I lost access to my old account, so don't judge me too harshly that this my post #1)

My sibling managed to make this nice little prologue-style blobber in only 3-4 weeks. They don't really want to spread it around, but I think it's cool enough that this community might appreciate it.

Games like this are hard to give exposure, given how niche they are and so any feedback would be valued!

Everything was made by one person, no pre-used assets.
Expect to need to map one "dark" floor by hand - lots of traps and spinnies.

2020-08-14_13-41-32.gif

The idea is to take this base and expand it to a full game, if it seems like its worth the time, with open maps, character creation, and more options and puzzles.

Hope you guys have fun! It takes about 3-4 hours to beat.

Download here:
https://midnightspiregames.itch.io/magic-and-metal-zero-tower-of-metal

shram86

Arcane
Developer
We are both in our mid-30s, didn't mean to imply we were youngins. We both have health issues and full time jobs though, so managing to squeeze this out is an accomplishment :)

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
I'm against furies in general but more wizardry-like game is always cool to see.

Lilliput McHammersmith

This is actually pretty fun. The first mob did a decent amount of damage to my party.

I understand that this game is early in its development, but I would like it a lot more if I could create my own party of adventurers. Overall, I think it's a great start. I think my only other note would be the encounter icons. For me, they make the game feel a little unfinished/unpolished. Have the encounter "icon" be representative of the mob, and have the Event "icon" be representative of the event. For example, the first "event" is a sign, right? Have the icon for that event be a signpost. Same for the NPC icon.

I am excited to follow the development of this game, however, as there are not a ton of new games like this on the market.

Good luck, OP!

shram86

Arcane
Developer
I'm against furies in general but more wizardry-like game is always cool to see.
It's more like the beastkin races from Wizardry.
This the guy?
That's me!
This is actually pretty fun. The first mob did a decent amount of damage to my party.

I understand that this game is early in its development, but I would like it a lot more if I could create my own party of adventurers. Overall, I think it's a great start. I think my only other note would be the encounter icons. For me, they make the game feel a little unfinished/unpolished. Have the encounter "icon" be representative of the mob, and have the Event "icon" be representative of the event. For example, the first "event" is a sign, right? Have the icon for that event be a signpost. Same for the NPC icon.

I am excited to follow the development of this game, however, as there are not a ton of new games like this on the market.

Good luck, OP!
Thanks, that's good feedback!
The idea was to have character creation fully fleshed out (and many of the systems already are behind the scenes) but to finish it in Jam time it had to be removed from this mini version.

Lilliput McHammersmith

It's more like the beastkin races from Wizardry.
This the guy?
That's me!

Good luck, OP!
Thanks, that's good feedback!
The idea was to have character creation fully fleshed out (and many of the systems already are behind the scenes) but to finish it in Jam time it had to be removed from this mini version.
I’m excited to see where this project goes!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom