Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Martial Arts games

mugarod

Liturgist
Project: Eternity
Well this is sort of extension of Jade Empire topic. I was wondering what other games have martial art combat in them apart from fighting games? I tried Xenogears on ps1 and liked the it. I think Revenant had some MA stuff but I hardly remember that game. Any other decent titles out there?

mugarod

Liturgist
O Heard a lot of good things about Oni when it came out but never got a chance to try it might as well do now. Godhand looks interesting but I am just not sure how well does ps2 emulators work right now.
Some of the suggestions I allready played, IK+, Double dragon and Karateka, but judging by videos for most other stuff suggested they are definetelly unique in its own right.

Is there any rpgs with martial arts combat apart from the ones I named?

I.C. Wiener

Educated
mugarod said:
Godhand looks interesting but I am just not sure how well does ps2 emulators work right now.
God Hand runs perfectly on PCSX2 except for some audio stuttering.

Lord Rocket

Erudite
Moebius or Windwalker or whatever it was called. Origin game, liked the atmosphere but the game was kind of average. Top down RPG with SFII style beat 'em up combat.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Damn someone beat me to Karateka. I loved how you saw the 'cut scenes' of the main bad buy sending out the next thug you had to fight.

mugarod

Liturgist
Thanks for all the great suggestions. I decided to try out Oni first and I actually found youtube page that offers free download of the game and it actually works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yvqpF_G0Y8

Also anyone remembers Urban Chaos? I believe it was a fairly fun game for its time, but I just dont remember ever finishing it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom