Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mask of the Betrayer @ RPG Vault

stm177

Novice
If reviews of the expansion state that it's much superior to NWN2, with more interesting combat, then I could be convinced to buy it. The actual combat mechanics can't be changed, but the creatures, tactics, or items used could make each battle more compelling.

I liked the Hordes of the Underdark a lot, and I don't recall as many dull grinds in that expansion. It compared favorably with the original NWN.

As far as whether my opinion is irrelevant, I would say my opinions are irrelevant on most issues. That makes me the same as 99% of the human race.

sabishii

Arbiter
I'm not saying your opinion is irrelevant, but that first comment was. NWN2 wasn't fun. You won't buy the expansion if it's the same. Your point?

Texas Red

Whiner
Elhoim said:
Rashemen was the land of Minsc, right?

No, Belarus was the land of Minsc.

But seriously, Minsc has a Russian accent and notice the name.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Elhoim said:
Rashemen was the land of Minsc, right?

And Dynaheir, and Thay is just around the bend.....I'm smelling cameos.

I'm pretty sure Dynaheir won't be in.

Fun fact: The voice actor of Minsc also does the voice of Whinnie the Pooh and Tigger in the newer cartoons and Kingdom Hearts.

OldSkoolKamikaze said:
I'm pretty sure Dynaheir won't be in.

Obsidian loves their ghosts....

Fun fact: The voice actor of Minsc also does the voice of Whinnie the Pooh and Tigger in the newer cartoons and Kingdom Hearts.

He was also the voice of Gizmo, Set, and Richard Grey in Fallout. He's a talented guy.

aboyd

Liturgist
skyway said:
who will voice-act Boo?
Just to geek out on this, if Minsc appears with or without Boo, it reveals a truth either way. Because the expansion takes place a couple decades after the BG series...

1. ...if Boo has died, then it was a normal hamster with a normal lifespan all along, and Minsc really was delusional, or
  2. ...if Boo is alive, then it truly must be a miniature giant space hamster, as according to the MM, they live a few decades. In which case, Minsc is not delusional, and Boo is a badass.

:)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom