Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Mass Effect 2 Kasumi DLC Reviews

Lurkar

Scholar
To my understanding, Tali is loved because you don't play psychologist for her. Bioware was surprised she was such a fan favorite, simply because they didn't grasp that some people aren't turned on by horrible and crippling co-dependence.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Lurkar said:
To my understanding, Tali is loved because you don't play psychologist for her. Bioware was surprised she was such a fan favorite, simply because they didn't grasp that some people aren't turned on by horrible and crippling co-dependence.

:lol:

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Brother None said:
Alexandros said:
That was EXTREME. Also, I was a bit turned on by Kasumi's mouth.
I think Tali has made BioWare figure that apparently dweebs are more turned on the less you see of a woman. Maybe women are scary? I don't know.But boobs + I can't see her face = I'd hit it.
That's because Bio graphic department couldn't create a decent face for a woman even if their lives would depend on that. If you have a bunch of characters with ugly faces, the one with a paper bag on head helmet becomes the obvious choice.

Tali is the favorite because she didn't want anything to do with Shep's bacteria ridden penis in ME1. This instilled feelings of rejection on the players. When the other women want your dick, you'll lust after the one that ignores you. Basic male psychology, FFS.

Now that she is bangable, we can finally feel accepted.

Thank you Bioware, for providing me that feeling.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Clockwork Knight said:
Tali is the favorite because she didn't want anything to do with Shep's bacteria ridden penis in ME1. This instilled feelings of rejection on the players. When the other women want your dick, you'll lust after the one that ignores you. Basic male psychology, FFS.

ME3 will finally unlock Samara butt banging action then.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Clockwork Knight said:
Tali is the favorite because she didn't want anything to do with Shep's bacteria ridden penis in ME1.
Yeah one reason Tali was great in ME1 was that she didn't drool over Shepard like an idiot. She was also by far the least annoying NPC and the only one who didn't go full emo all the time and had actually useful or interesting stuff to say. And she kicked ass in combat.

Thank you Bioware for turning her into yet another swooning barbie doll in the sequel.

racofer said:
Clockwork Knight said:

ME3 will finally unlock Samara butt banging action then.

Meh, they could always bang her daughter.

Which would kill them.

...yeah, not seeing a downside yet.

Texas Red

Whiner
This DLC isn't worth the download time, much less any money. I didn't read anything on it because everyone gave basically a complete spoiler. However, what caught my attention was that apparently you could complete the DLC without combat. The first part of the DLCis true but it ends in a massive killing spree where Kasumi, using her acrobatics, destroys a damned fighter helicopter thing in the air. Aside from that, the non combat part involves useless fluff where you have to click on different things to, for example, find DNA or follow a glowing trail to locate a source of electricity.

The character herself, Kasumi, is idiotically designed by who I believe is 13 years old. She is a 25 year old Asian super thief slash model and the best on in the Galaxy to boot. Her personality is one dimensional and comparable to that of Neeshka in NWN 2 OC, by which I mean that every line she speaks has something to do with thievery, which is a single aspect that defines her completely.

She doesn't have any dialogs and, when you click on her, she gives a voiced line. Near the end she dies without anyone blinking and eye.

ME 2 is done and sold and apparently "critically acclaimed". With DLC the developers could explore other design options that don't have to be necessary "cool". How about turning Kasumi in to a a middle aged, slightly ugly woman? How about an NPC not be the absolute best in her field for once?

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Black said:
What's there not to get that womins are more attractive the less you see them?
It's the same with ninjas. They're cool because you can't see them.

are you saying women are ninjas? FFS!!

Black

Arcane
Ever wondered why you don't see the backstab coming?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom