Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Matt Chat 453: Brian Heins on Tyranny

Flou

Arbiter
Tyranny needed more enemy variety than combat balance. There's only two kinds of enemies: generic human fighters and spooky ghosts

In some ways Tyranny had more memorable characters than Pillars (and better written as well), but lack of enemies and shoddy combat design did the game no favours. Some

Lack of resources show with Tyranny unfortunately in some areas just too damn much. Too bad the IP stayed with Paradox, I'm sure they could make a much better Tyranny game if Feargus didn't leech all the resources from the game to another one.

Zeriel

Arcane
God bless tyranny, made me realize I do still enjoy cRPGs, just not the shitty ones that made up the so called "revival". When a game is so shit you just go "Wait a minute.....it's not me?! It's these stupid piece of shit cRPGs! I STILL LIKE cRPGS". Bless obsidian. :hero:

I liked the Magic system
Lame shit, would have been cool if you could freely apply all the modifiers across spells. It's total blue balls.

That was D:OS for me. Made me realize I still enjoyed games, there just weren't any good games for a long, long time. Then DOS2 came and I realized I don't like games anymore again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom