Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Maybe the Gothic rape will come to an end now

Ruprekt

Scholar
I.C. Wiener said:
. Were you playing the english version?

Yep then english version. No idea how the others measure up re the voice actors.

flushfire

Augur
Excidium said:
melee is pretty enjoyable.
problem is that half of the challenge comes from timing attacks to do a proper combo. once you get the timing combat becomes extremely repetitive. no such thing as using the "right moves". parries, counter parries and lateral attacks are not effective enough to be of any use. there's no proper step-in move, so you are forced to go on the defensive right after approaching an enemy. so all melee boils down to is do i block or strafe then do i charge up my attack or not. that's it.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Why does no one ever discuss Risen's OST? Good stuff just like it is in the Gothic games. Kai Rosenkranz doesn't get as much love as he deserves. Pretty underrated dude.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I thought it fit well with the general atmosphere. Alone it's mediocre, but to me it really set the mood of the whole island when exploring.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I just felt his stuff in say Gothic 2 was some of his music I just enjoyed better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom