Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mission Statement

Holy Cow

I've been wondering this for some time now, so I ask of ye; what exactly is the codex's purpose? What does it hope to achieve? Just news about RPGs we steal from other sites, and arguing about nothing very much?

what exactly does the codex hope to achieve? I mean, I have fun and all at GD and the playground, and there are some worthwhile discussions every now and then at the workshop and GRPGD, but...really. I'm betting whoever founded this site had a purpose for it in mind. What is its purpose now?

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
It would be hilarious if the Codex Mission Statement would be written with lots of weasel words and marketing terms, like emotionally engaging, choices and consequences, grimdark, streamlined, etc.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
At RpgCodex, we realize how to syndicate robustly. What does the industry jargon "infomediaries" really mean? We usually leverage holistic, one-to-one, transparent web-readiness. That is an amazing achievement considering this month's cycle! We will extend the ability of platforms to envisioneer. Without plug-and-play, world-class CAD, you will lack branding. Is it more important for something to be collaborative or to be virtual, subscriber-defined? Without power shifts, you will lack relationships. We will augment our power to synergize without lessening our capacity to morph. We will unleash the ability of synergies to drive. The ability to seize dynamically leads to the capability to transition intuitively. We usually disintermediate C2B2B reality-based, user-centric raw bandwidth. That is a remarkable achievement when you consider this fiscal year's financial state of things! Think intra-C2C2C. Think synergistic. Think clicks-and-mortar. Think customer-defined. But don't think all three at the same time.

http://www.andrewdavidson.com/gibberish/?companyname=RpgCodex

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
RpgCodex practically invented the term "re-sizing". We think that most reality-based, wireless splash pages use far too much XMLHttpRequest, and not enough ASP. Think real-time. Think revolutionary. Think resource-constrained. But don't think all three at the same time. It seems mixed-up, but it's true! Imagine a combination of XMLHttpRequest and PNG. Without appropriate subscriber communities, partnerships are forced to become seamless. Is it more important for something to be B2B or to be sexy, cross-media? Imagine a combination of XSL and Python. Your budget for facilitating should be at least twice your budget for matrixing. We will exploit the capacity of interfaces to envisioneer. What does the buzzword "branding" really mean? Think sticky. Think strategic. Think long-term. But don't think all three at the same time.

Shannow

Waster of Time
The codex is like communism. It started out as a great idea with a few faults and ended up being a tyranny that's mostly worse than the competition.
The codex is like free media. It started out as an idealistic idea of spreading truth, reason and knowledge and ended up being subverted by right-wing, white males and now spreads fear of anything different, lies that only profit the industry not the people, egoism and stupidity.

The codex started as the personal cesspool of a few faggots who were so disgusting nobody wanted to roll in shit with them anywhere else. Then the newfags came with their popamole crap and ruined the fun for all of us.
:M

MetalCraze

Arcane
The mission statement is that Codex is a site that is not like RPGDot, which covers anything remotely like an RPG, including MMORPGs, Console RPGs and even Warcraft 3

RPGcodex is a site for people with heart. For people with soul. If the Codexers played the blues, you'd want to listen...

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
rpg codex is a place for elitist superior to other human beings. There they may connect with the likes and discuss things which are beyond other humans.

Derper

Prophet
I have a question: If the stated main focus of the forum is surviving and constantly maintaining your shelter, as well as keeping everyone alive as much as you can, then what steps have you taken to insure that the forum drives towards some kind of conclusion? In other words, does the focus shift at some point into something else so that you won't feel like the whole site was repeating more or less the same thing ad nausuem? I'm not saying something like discovering a cure, but at least something to make you feel like the site didn't just stop arbitrarily when you survive for X number of days, or something similar. Can you answer this without giving spoilers?

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
hoverdog said:
and we're all outta gum.

You like that guy who explains his jokes after the punchline...

:x

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom