Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moddability?

Woetohice

Scholar
__

Cassidy

Arcane
Not sure if this was answered before, but why not? Real computer roleplaying games are becoming rarer, with moddability, there is a chance a Codex fan with creativity but without programming skills might make an interesting free "total conversion" based on AoD game mechanics, for example. Too time consuming?

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
It has.

Last thread's called Modding, btw.

So much time wasted because of lazy people. Oh well, I'd have wasted it somehow anyway.

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Cassidy said:
Not sure if this was answered before, but why not? Real computer roleplaying games are becoming rarer, with moddability, there is a chance a Codex fan with creativity but without programming skills might make an interesting free "total conversion" based on AoD game mechanics, for example. Too time consuming?

Well, depends on what kind of modding we're talking about. We didn't plan to release any tools for that, I didn't write any special code to support "add your own adventure" approach.

I think that those who dig scripting and modelling will be able to tweak a lot. Many things are exposed to scripts.

Well, we may polish and release my utilities as modding tools after the game is out, if there will be a strong need in them.

Sorry for the late reply, btw.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom