Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Morrowind Render Creation Error

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Hi, just got a brand new netbook, tried to boot up Morrowind. "Render creation error." Can anyone fix?

I should have a fine video card for this, though it's Intel, so who knows. I tried Googling, looks like lots of nVidia cards are having the same issue.

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm guessing you have Intel integrated graphics, which is weak compared to those by NVIDIA and ATI, but it's still strange that it can't run Morrowind.

Then again, my last netbook barely managed Half-Life and 30 FPS.

Compatibility mode shouldn't matter for almost anything, certainly not for Morrowind.

Do you have it installed outside of your C: drive? Are your drivers up to date? Do you have the application compatibility update for W7/Vista?

If its not that, its probably crappy intel integrated graphics. From what I can tell, the Nvidia cards having similar problems are also, guess what, old crappy Nvidia cards.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Rohit_N said:
I'm guessing you have Intel integrated graphics, which is weak compared to those by NVIDIA and ATI, but it's still strange that it can't run Morrowind.

Then again, my last netbook barely managed Half-Life and 30 FPS.
It ran fine here with Intel onboard on XP IRRC, It was on a 945G/GMA950 which I think is old, since my friend with a shittier and older computer(therefore the motherboard IG should be be shittier) has better Integrated Graphics or whatever you call it

The fucking game would crash when I alt tabbed and it was uncracked and I was like :retarded: at the dialogue so I didn't play enough to see if it lags though

Do you have directx or D3D(dunno if it's the same) installed?

DraQ

Arcane
@OP:
The error generally means that your graphics card cannot into Morrowind, so you should try:
-upgrading drivers
-downgrading drivers
-updating dx
-uninstalling MGE
-installing MGE (not really an option if you're sporting some shitty integrated graphics)
M4BE1R0 said:
The fucking game would crash when I alt tabbed
Only problem with MGE. Older versions.

and I was like :retarded: at the dialogue
I wouldn't blame the dialogue here.
:smug:

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
I installed new DirectX, same problem. New graphics drivers are installed. But when I try to reinstall them, it says I don't have minimum system requirements. :S

LOL WUT!?

You are uninstalling your graphics drivers before reinstalling them, right? Not doing so can lead to complications sometimes, its not a good thing to do.

You should probably figure out exactly which intel card you have, that specific model may have a specific fix that you can easily google.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom