Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Music for your RPGs, portfolio update

Hi there RPG Developers,

Here's comes an update of my music portfolio. The last months, I have made some new songs, suitable for RPG scenarios: Title Songs and In-Game songs if someone happen to be working on an RPG that needs music.

My new typical in-game songs:
"Morning at Sunrise"
"Night Walk in Sleeping Town"
"Abandoned Village"
"Busy Winternoon at Frosty Village"
"Dancing Knight's Tavern"
"Blooming Valley - Soft Ending"

I've also made two new Epic/Title/Intro songs:
"Dark Tidings"
"Dark Tidings with Intro Choirs"
"Blooming Valley - Mighty Ending"

http://craze.se/pricelist.htm
http://www.youlicense.com/Artist/ChristianAndersson

I have lowered my default quick license prices to Indie Package, but you can even make offers lower than the Indie-default-price.
My music can also be used for promotion webclips at your game web site (or YouTube) for a very small licensing fee.

You are always welcome to my site to enjoy all my music, completely free for private listening.
(Legal Note: All my music is copyrighted & registered at the Swedish Musician's Union. Illegal use of any of these songs without contract or authorization will result in prosecution.)

If you think a song needs some smaller changes to suite your game, it can be modified/remixed to suit your needs at no extra cost (assuming < 1 day of work). I can also convert them in any format you need, i.e. specific .ogg-encodings, etc. If you license them from my artist shop, you get the highest quality WAV-version and a 192 kbit mp3 version.

Of course, I can also write a completely new soundtrack for your game.

Best Regards and Best of Luck with Your RPGs!
/Christian Andersson, Email: craze@craze.se

hanssolo

Educated
ad_plant.png
?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Some of these songs are excellent.

Soggie: Yes, as a matter of fact I am working right now on a new assignment to produce the soundtrack consisting of 4 x 5 minute songs of atmospheric in-game sound to a futuristic RPG.

Zed: Thanks a lot, my friend!

Best Regards
/Christian

denizsi

Arcane
Holy shit Daggerfall rip offs meet epic Hollywood blandness.

But it gives the impression that you perhaps could create something pretty good with a unique personality if you wrote for a particular project with particular things in mind.

Phelot

Arcane
Don't mind Dennis, he or she is confused and angry about life.

denizsi

Arcane
Well, there's nothing I can do about it, first half of the songs do sound like little rearrangements of Daggerfall music and the rest like generic pompous Hollywood fare. So what is it that you're butthurt about again, phelot? Did I make fun of you in a recent thread?

soggie

Educated
denizsi said:
Well, there's nothing I can do about it, first half of the songs do sound like little rearrangements of Daggerfall music and the rest like generic pompous Hollywood fare. So what is it that you're butthurt about again, phelot? Did I make fun of you in a recent thread?

What'd you expect? It's medieval fantasy affair.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
His music is ok, I'd more prefer something much darker and more atmospheric for your game soggie.

For example, a lot of the darker atmospheric music in ToEE was fantastic. I wish someone would hire that damn composer again for a Game.

soggie

Educated
Jaesun said:
His music is ok, I'd more prefer something much darker and more atmospheric for your game soggie.

For example, a lot of the darker atmospheric music in ToEE was fantastic. I wish someone would hire that damn composer again for a Game.

I agree. I'm hoping the music would end up instilling a sense of intimidation and dread, with a hint of naive hope sprinkled in between. Less melodies, more atmospheric sounds with a slight dash of asian leather skin drums.

His price is really reasonable. I'm seriously considering his services to be honest.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Damn, that was actually pretty cool. Still like the dark ambient stuff in TeEE better though.

Phelot

Arcane
denizsi said:

:D No my precious, I'm just busting your balls.

denizsi

Arcane
soggie said:
You mean this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K3Scc3c ... 1&index=56

EDIT: Holy cow, my hairs are standing on their ends.

Indeed. My favourite from the game, Solemn Dirge.

Then there's also Blood:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiysYPVkVv8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uIksYWaZKA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbUw7ehGYK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svzMK33PMUk

Do listen to them.

phelot said:
denizsi said:

:D No my precious, I'm just busting your balls.

So you finally have come to terms with me not being female. That's progress of mental facilities, I guess.

"Holy shit Daggerfall rip offs meet epic Hollywood blandness. "

Well... hehe... I've played a lot of Daggerfall. It's great that you mention it, because it has really inspired me, that is absolutely true. :)

Daggerfall (Morning at Sunrise... compare with Daggerfall's: Sunny Day), Gothic 3 (Blooming Valley, rich with nice and bright strings), Age of Conan Hyborian Adventures with gothic darkness and angry French Horns (The War March)... so yes, absolutely a lot of inspiration from various games.

Best Regards
/Christian

Elzair

Cipher
soggie said:
Jaesun said:

I agree. I'm hoping the music would end up instilling a sense of intimidation and dread, with a hint of naive hope sprinkled in between.

I always loved the Hive theme from PS:T for precisely this reason.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom