Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Neverwinter Nights: Siege of Shadowdale module gets an Enhanced Edition after twenty years

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Even female elves? Oh wait.... elves have no gender. They're faeries and illusion of gender. Probably look like sasquatch when you break that glamour.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I was heavily into NWN when it came out and remembering thinking at the time- "we have arrived". My fantasy of tabletop RPG being played via the highly visual environment of modern (at the time) PCs and the internet was here.

What I did not realize as a very young and naïve lad was as technology was rapidly progressing, IQs were rapidly declining. So the small, and quickly vanishing audience of people interested in TTRPGs or games that require any actual thought or more than mashing 4 buttons on an XBox controller was already in steep decline. This just got progressively worse as the 00s wore on and by 2010 it was clear to me that Idiocracy had arrived about 500 years earlier than Mike Judge had predicted.

You can track this same trend across MMOs and RPGs in general as every Codexer is well aware. But the Sight of What Might Have Been™ that NWN gave is still painful because I just assumed we'd get better and better versions leading to a full on virtual tabletop experience. It is only now, 20 years later, that some movement towards true VTTs is actually being made again.

Well, now TTrpgs have become more popular but the new kids all want to be thespians/ comedic voice actors and many are anime fans, furries, hardcore leftists, gays, etc.

Are you satisfied with that?

GreyViper

Prophet
I played Lukes modules way back, and they definitely stood out of the average modules. Still unexpected, but welcome surprise he's still messing with NWN modules.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Yeah.

That is why it is still being played and modded after 20 years.
30 years, man.

214631-neverwinter-nights-dos-front-cover.jpg
214632-neverwinter-nights-dos-back-cover.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom