Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas and Hardcore Mode

SoupNazi

Download the cazador nerf mod if you're such a pussy :smug:

I never had any problem with Cazadors, always sniped them from a distance.

OldSkoolKamikaze said:
halflingbarbarian said:
God I'm addicted to mods.

Are there any decent mods that aren't for graphics whoring? The only one I use is one to fix the console-ish UI.

SPECIAL Fixes
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37372

- Strength governs damage with all melee/unarmed weapons and throwing range/speed of all throwing weapons.
- Perception governs gun spread for guns/energy weapons and hit chance inside VATS for all weapons.
- Agility governs movement speed (run/walk speed) of the character and attack speed with all weapons.

All stats scores above 5 will exponentially increase those bonuses, stats scores lower than 5 will, in the same way, but reversed, exponentially decrease the same.

This mod tunes the SPECIAL effects to their description in the game, making stats more important than just passively increasing related skills.

Realistic Weapon Damages
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35335

I've already made a mod like this for Fallout 3, so I decided to make one for New Vegas. The values will be ~ the same.
This mod modifies Body Parts Data to make fights more tactical. (Your enemies won't be able to take 5 shots in the head and stand still, same thing for you...)
Fights are deadlier.

*Body parts damages:
.Damage multipliers have been modified to make fights more tactical.
.Headshots are lethal,legs and arms can be crippled more easily.
.Robots armors are more resistant but they still have weak points.

*Explosion effects:
.Knockdown effect added on most explosions (grenades, mines, cars...) and explosions do more damages.
.Pulse grenades are like "force" grenades, damages done by them are reduced, knockdown effect added.

*Game Settings :
.Your speed when one of your leg is crippled (or both) has been reduced.

This works very well for me and gets rid of the engine's crazy hp scaling that makes everything and yourself made of diamond at the end of the game. It makes headshots still count (against you as well) very much and encourages finding some sort of cover during fights with more unmanageable numbers. Crippling enemy legs also becomes a valid tactic now against fat and fast things, like supermutants with sledgehammers or deathclaws charging at you.

Inventory Sorter

Immersive Karma/Stealing

Faster Running (I use 5.0 recommended version)

Hm yea so these are some of the better mods I found that should cater to every player's tastes (not too gamechanging, not too intrusive, yet very convenient and effective).

The Brazilian Slaughter said:
Talking about New Vegas... anyone got tips against Cazadores?

I'm level 16 and trying to get to Jacobstown though the hills, but the way is full of Cazadores. Goddamn Cazadores! THE HORROR!!! I usually can survive fine, but Rex simply dies from the venom, and telling him to use one of my stims makes him die instantly.

Killing those goddamn things is tough. They fly like drunk cabas, and their sting and venom are damn killers. I can't hit them worth shit with my cowboy repeater, for some odd reason, and only my Vance's 9mm SMG, my 10mm and the shotgun seem to work well against them. By the time I manage to kill them all, Rex is usually lying dead on the ground.

It usually goes like this:

*Cazadores show up*
*much shooting, biting, stimpaking and stinging ensue*
"Rex is Dead"
"Cass is Dead"
"I die"
*YOU SUCK GO RELOAD NOW GET KILLED AGAIN FAGGOT*

And I've haven't even met Deathclaws yet. Fuck yeah, make me rage, rage gives me POWER!! :x :x

VATSing their wings will make them fall on the ground (if crippled) and crawl slowly towards you making it easy to backpedal and kill.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom