Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Nostalgia Sunday: List of Worthwhile DOS Games

Johannes

Arcane
A noob list for kids born after 1995.
Played almost everything from there, and I can honestly say the entire list is lame, it's just the peak of the iceberg. Propably the only criteria was the shitdosbox compatibility.
At least it had a nice layout.
It doesn't feature every good DOS game ever, therefor it was written by noobs

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
They have absolutely nothing going for them. Especially not Wolf3D.

Why do you hate killing Nazis so much?
I don't get it. For its time, it was great shooter. It was my first time playing FPS. The shouts, the barks, the sound of the guns was fantastic. Nothing like opening a door and have that SS trooper shouting before unloading his MP40 at me while my fingers nearly jumped off the keyboard. Red screen of death. Awesome game.

It did not age well, but the fast paced action was really good back then.

*Looks at the list to follow Wyrmlord's example*

Fuck Lands of Lore. LoL is shit. It has boring combat, boring switch puzzles, and fucking ass plot. I'm glad I never finished it and just watched some British dude narrate the game over a video YouTube LP. And I still fell asleep.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom