Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN2/MotB archive integrity patch released.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Obsi has put out a new "hotfix" that automatically scans your install for any un-patched files and archives and automatically brings them all up to 1.10 standards. This was done because a lot of people on the forums were complaining that the auto-updater was skipping over files it couldn't patch, but which were supposed to get patched.

I ran the new hotfix myself and I gotta say I was surprised at what it found. Apparently I had a ton of archives that had been skipped over when I applied the offline patches, so the hotfix ended up patching up quite a number of things.

Direct link: http://vnfiles.ign.com/nwvault.ign....9/nwn2_pcx1_english_from1101115_to1101116.zip

All I did was download it, place it in NWN2's install folder, (where all the various .exe's are), then run the auto-updater. It automatically found the .zip file the hotfix is in and applied it.

MountainWest

Scholar
Got to try this. I have some frustrating problems with my game.

Anyone else had any of these?:

1. Crash at area transition. This can be solved by having only the leader selected when walking on an area transition trigger. Not that big of a problem any longer, but it still sucks and it took a long time before I figured it out.

2. The lasso function is bugged in combat. The characters in a previously lassoed group will often disregard their following individual orders ( if I pause the game) and follow whoever the leader was at the time of the pause, giving the enemies attacks of opportunities. (Yes, I've turned of all AI-options). For example: I attack an enemy with my whole lassoed group, pause the game and tell my main character, often the leader, to stand back and cast spells. This will make all the other characters run to the leader, disregarding their order to attack the enemy. The solution is to every time usher individual orders to all characters. Quite tiresome.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom