Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN2 Patch 1.05 final and new entry in nwn2 blog.

sabishii

Arbiter
I'm not really interested in playing this game anymore, but the patch does add a nice new feature I'm sure most people here would appreciate:

--A beta implementation of Multi-Select is now available as an option in both the DM Client and main game client. By default, Mouse 4 will select the entire party, and Mouse 5 or holding CTRL+Left Click will enable lasso selection of party members. We are planning to continue to revise and improve our Multi-Select functionality in future patches.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
"Mouse 4 will select the entire party, and Mouse 5 or holding CTRL+Left Click will enable lasso selection of party members."

I just don't get why their gui design is so convoluted. They must have a terrible gui designer to think of shit like this, though it's better than not being able to do it at all.

The other gui enhancements seem like a big help. 80% of my annoyances with the game were GUI related and it sounds like they have addressed a good portion of them. I still don't know that I will want to actually play the game again any time soon, though.

Texas Red

Whiner
Jesus, why do you have to hold the left click *and* CTRL?! Why exactly cant it be *just* the left click? And mouse click 5 and 4? What...?

Julio

Scholar
Real gamers use mice with 4 buttons. On my mouse, clicks 4 and 5 are found on the sides. If your mouse only has 2 buttons, buy a new one.

Fez

Erudite
Why would anyone want to use mice without at least three buttons and a scroll wheel nowadays? Only deluded Mac owners have lagged behind with them.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
About time. I was waiting for this patch before I started a game. Now I just have to wait for the unofficial AI updates…

*Goes back to Avernum*

Edit:

There seems to be an issue with the toolset update, so we are pulling the patch for the moment.

We should have it back up shortly

Dammit.

Extra buttons are good, I guess, but why make the most basic thing someone would want to do something that require a bizarre mouse or mouse-keyboard action.

If the NWN team designed a car the steering wheel would work the windshield wipers and you would have to use morse code to the parking brake puller to turn right or left.

sabishii

Arbiter
claudius the god said:
Extra buttons are good, I guess, but why make the most basic thing someone would want to do something that require a bizarre mouse or mouse-keyboard action.

If the NWN team designed a car the steering wheel would work the windshield wipers and you would have to use morse code to the parking brake puller to turn right or left.
They did it just to piss you off. Only reason. :roll:

I don't know how Mouse 4 or Mouse 5 (1 button clicks) or CTRL + left click (a common combination) is bizarre. But whatever.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
sabishii said:
claudius the god said:

They did it just to piss you off. Only reason. :roll:

I don't know how Mouse 4 or Mouse 5 (1 button clicks) or CTRL + left click (a common combination) is bizarre. But whatever.

From the reaction in this thread it's bizarre to everyone but you.

I never had to crtl click to play BG.

Tell me, oh wise one, why we need ctr. What the fuck does click drag do, for instance? As far as I know, it does nothing, making the designs fucking idiots, but then we knew that already.

Ladonna

Arcane
Is this patch only available via the ingame downloading mechanism? Or have they found a brain and allow an actual download so I can put it on a patch disk?

Texas Red

Whiner
Ladonna said:
Is this patch only available via the ingame downloading mechanism? Or have they found a brain and allow an actual download so I can put it on a patch disk?

Patch disc? Or mayhap you are just having difficulties updating because of your pirated version, hmm? Got the taste from "not downloading" your music, eh?

sabishii

Arbiter
Jim Kata said:
It's bizarre to you, the person I replied to, and the Dumbfuck. But, now, don't accuse me of grouping you with them, because you did it to yourself.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
sabishii said:
Jim Kata said:
It's bizarre to you, the person I replied to, and the Dumbfuck. But, now, don't accuse me of grouping you with them, because you did it to yourself.

It's odd to everyone except you. No one likes ctr clicking.

sabishii

Arbiter
Jim Kata said:
sabishii said:
Jim Kata said:

If you, claudius, and TWD are "everyone," then sure. "Everyone" except me, who's going to go ahead and open some tabs in Mozilla with ctrl + left click.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
sabishii said:
Jim Kata said:
sabishii said:
Jim Kata said:

If you, claudius, and TWD are "everyone," then sure. "Everyone" except me, who's going to go ahead and open some tabs in Mozilla with ctrl + left click.

No, "everyone" consists of every person ever, excluding you and a few other seriously retarded individuals. After years and years and years...and years, of building computar intafazes, I have yet to meet one single user who thought ctr click was good. Know why? Because it's not! Why do that when you can just click? You only use ctr for something that is used less often than some other function used by click dragging, and there is no click dragging implemented at all as far as I can tell.

Please pm the mods and ask them to change your status to DUMBFUCK!!!. Somehow they have overlooked you all this time. Better yet, just report to the nearest disintegration chamber.

sabishii

Arbiter
Jim Kata said:
No, "everyone" consists of every person ever.
That's funny, I wonder who said this then:

If you can't even read what you yourself write, then you're hopeless.

By the way, every single person who plays a non-Quake-type FPS ctrl+clicks when they need to crouch and shoot - which is more than 50% of the time. Did I say that ctrl+clicking is better than just clicking and dragging? No. But neither is ctrl+clicking bizarre, difficult, or in any other way cumbersome task. Except for people like you that type with just their index fingers, I suppose.

You're "Dumbfuck" line is funny, since one out of two people agreeing with you here is a "Dumbfuck."

Jim Kata

Arbiter
sabishii said:
Jim Kata said:
No, "everyone" consists of every person ever.
That's funny, I wonder who said this then:

If you can't even read what you yourself write, then you're hopeless.

By the way, every single person who plays a non-Quake-type FPS ctrl+clicks when they need to crouch and shoot - which is more than 50% of the time. Did I say that ctrl+clicking is better than just clicking and dragging? No. But neither is ctrl+clicking bizarre, difficult, or in any other way cumbersome task. Except for people like you that type with just their index fingers, I suppose.

You're "Dumbfuck" line is funny, since one out of two people agreeing with you here is a "Dumbfuck."

Nearly everyone here is a dumbfuck, most of them just don't have the nametag yet.

What I said does not conflict with the other thing I said, though I don't remember saying that.

What's 'bizarre'/odd/gay/lame/retarded/fucked up about ctrl clicking is the fact they are doing ctr click instead of just click for no surmisable reason.

As I said, if they had some unbelievably important click drag function already assigned, then it would make sense to use ctr click - in which case no one would ever notice its oddness. The fact you would disagree, and then not see this labels you even more strongly as a "DUMBFUCK!!!".

It's like if they decided they were not going to have left mouse clicks work any more. Instead you have to do a shift rightclick instead. It's JUST as stupid as that, and YOU are by extension as stupid as them.

My guess is they have some fucked up technical reason they could not easily do a click drag, but it is still a crappy solution for what should be the most common action you do while using that interface.

PS there is a difference between "your" and "you're".

sabishii

Arbiter
What I said does not complict with the other thing I said, though I don't remember saying that.
Why would you need to remember? All you have to do is scroll up.... Nevermind.

As I said, if they had some unbelievably important click drag function already assigned, then it would make sense to use ctr click - in which case no one would ever notice it's oddness. The fact you would disagree, and then not see this labels you even more strongly as a "DUMBFUCK!!!".
I disagreed with this? Where do you recall me writing this... No wait, you don't even remember what you yourself wrote; why would you remember what I wrote?

PS there is a difference between "your" and "you're".
Woops.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom