Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oblibon mod for a thesis project...

Some chix0r developer with the unfortunate (if true) last name of "Canada" made a mod for Oblivion for her Master's degree in Interactive Technology from the Guildhall at SMU.

"Mirei of Estrel"

Mirei of Estrel features:
- 45 - 75 minutes of gameplay
- almost 400 lines of dialogue
- branching dialogue trees that affect gameplay
- heavy focus on player choice
- heavy focus on alternate paths and alternate solutions
- some non-linear quests
- mod created by a professional game designer
- completion survey (takes 10 - 15 minutes, after you play the mod) so that you can share what you want in a game experience
- survey results and conclusions will be shared with professional and aspiring developers, and the general public

Key Facts
- You must have Oblivion to play this mod.
- You do not need Shivering Isles or Knights of the Nine to play this mod.
- This mod comes with a save file. You start the experience by loading the save file.
- This mod comes with both an installer and a zip file for those who prefer a manual install.
- Do not play this mod with your normal characters and don’t leave it running in the background once you are finished playing it.
- Also, please read the ReadMe before you play! There is some important information in there.

There are a few things you should know about this mod before you begin:

* This is not a mod in the typical sense. It doesn't alter the Oblivion experience. Rather, it is a stand-alone play experience that doesn't intersect the main game of Oblivion in any way.
* This mod ships with a save game. To start the Mirei of Estrel mod, you must select that save game from the load menu.
* Do not run this mod with your normal Oblivion characters. So, after you finish playing Mirei of Estrel, deactivate it.
* If you have the Shivering Isles expansion pack currently activated, the quest "A Door to Niben Bay" may pop up as you're playing this mod. Please ignore this quest during Mirei's adventure.
* Dialogue choices matter. Different choices can and will affect your play experience to a greater degree than is typically found in Oblivion.
* There are alternate solutions and alternate paths to the main quest. Assume that you have the freedom to play how you want to play.
* Time is a factor. You have approximately 24 in-game hours (approx. 1.5 hrs, RL) to resolve the main crisis. (Don't worry, that should be plenty of time!)
* To learn more about Mirei and the village of Estrel, talk to the villagers.
* Resolving the overarching crisis in Estrel doesn't end the game. You can talk to the villagers after resolving the crisis to see if anything has changed.
* Last, but not least, have fun!

I never obtained Oblivion howeverwise from inventory (nigga please) but I know some of you lot have and might possibly be interested in helping a sista out. Hey, being a gaming womyn of the internets, she might even throw in sexy pix for you're troubles. See what I'm really saying is "YOU ARE TROUBLES" here LOL :declineofretardness:

Sirus

Liturgist
that's great and all, but I'm not gonna reinstall oblivion just for that

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
next she will put this on her c.v. and apply for a job in the industry = decline of computer games

GlobalExplorer said:
next she will put this on her c.v. and apply for a job in the industry = decline of computer games

- branching dialogue trees that affect gameplay
- heavy focus on player choice
- heavy focus on alternate paths and alternate solutions

While i haven't played this Mod, since i do not own Oblivion and am currently torrenting too much shit to really care, i do not see how this girl going into the Industry will be a bad thing.

I mean... what's so wrong about someone who wants to give us dialogue trees that actually affect gameplay, choices, and quests that have several ways to solve them?

Balthamael

Liturgist
And what if the Sun turns into nova tomorrow, destroying all life. Dialogue trees and choices and consequences would be a good thing even then.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Fallout 3 proved that as long as the game has choices and consequences everything is ok. Even if they are shit.

racofer

Thread Incliner
CHOICES AND CONSEQUENCES MADE IT INTO OBLIVION OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN!!

Now only 95% of the game left to be remade until it's playable.

Arcanoix

Scholar
skyway said:
Fallout 3 proved that as long as the game has choices and consequences everything is ok. Even if they are shit.

A. Save World.
B. Refuse to Save World, Watch 'Soulja Gurl' Save World
C. Lie about Saving World, Destroy World, Kill Self.
**CUT**D. Force 'Soulja Gurl' to Destroy World and Kill Herself.
**CUT**E. Convince 'Soulja Gurl' to Destroy World and Kill Herself.
**CUT**F. Fuck this I'm out of here, California anybody? Oh wai--....

Fallout 3 - When Teddybears Are Catapulted - You Will Shit Bricks. :roll:

baronjohn

Cipher
It's things like lying on surveys that make life bearable. It's damn long though.

MetalCraze

Arcane
St. Toxic said:
No need to pirate Oblivion. Just shove the mod into Elder Scrolls: FO3 and see what happens.

There will be a 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance that FO3 will actually become playable for an hour.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom