Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC coming June 13th

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I fucking love popping into this thread from time to time.
Nothing has changed.
:lol::lol:

Delterius

Arcane
I'll never get over how these retards can't even get their own prewritten fiction right.

retards.png
but the slaughterhouse was filled with human bodies

boot

Prophet
It's not Icewind Dale. Mercs suck ass.

Get over it. Turn down the volume on the companions and clickthrough the dialogue and its fine.

Get over this you homo: Owlcuck companions are pozzed beyond measure and actively detract from the experience. Just creating my own five party members brings more enjoyment than that band of faggots (which even includes a fucking furry if I'm not mistaken) ever could.

I could afford two just now, looking forward to looting enough trash to get my next three.

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Get over this you homo: Owlcuck companions are pozzed beyond measure and actively detract from the experience. Just creating my own five party members brings more enjoyment than that band of faggots (which even includes a fucking furry if I'm not mistaken) ever could.

I could afford two just now, looking forward to looting enough trash to get my next three.
Why are you playing the main campaign, then? Obtain "The Treasure of the Midnight Isles" and play it.

Or, even better, go back to Call of Duty.
Not all weebs have good reading comprehension. Diversity, it's everywhere.

boot

Prophet

Why are you playing the main campaign, then? Obtain "The Treasure of the Midnight Isles" and play it.

Or, even better, go back to Call of Duty.
Not all weebs have good reading comprehension. Diversity, it's everywhere.

Low T

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Get over it. Turn down the volume on the companions and clickthrough the dialogue and its fine.

Best advice for Fowlcat games above. If you turn down the volume, turn off the monitor, throw out the computer, and never play at all, they are not that bad.
Yeah if you suck as bad at the gameplay as you do (and are determined to stay that way) it really is not the game for you.

Desiderius

Patron

You don't even know what you don't know yet.

The companions help you learn the ruleset and the game so you're not getting owned with some Grease spammer and a bunch of "healbots" standing around picking their noses then whining about the game and getting more nerfs.

Here, use this for your first merc:

Max Minner.jpg

Best advice for Fowlcat games above. If you turn down the volume, turn off the monitor, throw out the computer, and never play at all, they are not that bad.
Yeah if you suck as bad at the gameplay as you do (and are determined to stay that way) it really is not the game for you.

Calm down, fanboy. I am one of only like 0.9% of Shitmaker players to complete it on Challenging or above, last time I checked Steam achievements. Your butt just hurts because I point out the truth about these inferior shitfests.

boot

Prophet

You don't even know what you don't know yet.

The companions help you learn the ruleset and the game so you're not getting owned with some Grease spammer and a bunch of "healbots" standing around picking their noses then whining about the game and getting more nerfs.

Here, use this for your first merc:

View attachment 35101

I will repeat that the special snowflake pozfinder companions suck, creating my own characters was worth it just to skip all content involving them. I've killed every Owlcat companion the game allowed me to up to this point. And the game is quite easy when you have five properly built companions suited to your own playstyle, not to mention it's much more fun to play with members built to suit the idea of the party I came up with in my head.

Fought a pair of wizards in chapter 1 that game us a good healthy challenge and I admit I enjoyed it. One of them went invisible and summoned hordes of wolves and we chopped wave after wave of them up before finally defeating him. Reward was a masterwork dagger go figure.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

Calm down, fanboy. I am one of only like 0.9% of Shitmaker players to complete it on Challenging or above, last time I checked Steam achievements. Your butt just hurts because I point out the truth about these inferior shitfests.
Still thinks his own suckage hurts anyone.

This level of delusion is how one achieves incompetence that few can compete with. So you’ve got that going for you at least.

Maybe there should be a ladder of suck so PorkyThePaladin can take pride in that instead of projecting his misery on the world.

rojay

Scholar
Old news maybe but Paizo announced two new pathfinder games in development with an outfit called BKOM? One supposed to come out this year.

https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6si9w?Paizo-Partners-with-BKOM-on-Two-Pathfinder-Games
I would be willing to bet that these games will belong in the RPG forum about as much as that Pathfinder shit Obsidian made years ago.
I suspect you're right, though they are calling them "role playing games." Only other game of that nature I saw that the developer made was a conversion of a tabletop game for WotC that did not look interesting enough to warrant further investigation. Some sort of deck-building mechanic, I think?

Still thinks his own suckage hurts anyone.

This level of delusion is how one achieves incompetence that few can compete with. So you’ve got that going for you at least.

Maybe there should be a ladder of suck so PorkyThePaladin can take pride in that instead of projecting his misery on the world.

Maybe there should be a cream to soothe your aching butt.

Hhmm, does Hando still post here?

S.torch

Arbiter
Well, first, the game is in your head. You're either willing to exercise "suspension of disbelief" or not. So you can imagine you're ruling a barony or fighting a war - or you can decide not to.

Second, the threshold of this "suspension" is different for every person. I like to see that the barony is situated in some territory, that I can modify it with global projects (at least somehow). That the expansion makes those changes work on larger territory and so on.

Third, if a game makes the main character somehow important, then I'd like him to be in the centre of things. Let people come to the main hero and his court. Otherwise, I might as well play a "chosen on the run" as in Dragon Age: Origins.

Fourth, I like the change of pace. XCOM's and the likes have it, too: the base stage and the combat. I like it.

Up to which chapter have you played? Because your character doesn't stop rising in importance since chapter 2, the people around you do act accordingly to who you are and approach you with different requests.
As for the difficulty, have you tried anything other than easy? Either that or stop with the metagaming and learn to play on your own.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Actually, this is a very good point.

For example, a cleric with heavy armour and Charisma so low that it prevents him from using selective channelling. Well, player, learn how to use cure spells in the fight and avoid party-wide damage.

A barbarian with the penalty to hit who cannot sustain the damage. Learn how to position the characters on the field and flank. Later, a much stronger flanker will appear, but he needs careful positioning, too.

In Wrath, they provide stronger companions in the beginning. However, they have subtler drawbacks: racist players will get rid of the Paladin, the best class for the setting, and squeamish goody-goodies will lose a very competent frontliner.

Owlcat and FromSoftware are the best teachers in the game industry. No wonder lots of Westerners cry about their games.

razvedchiki

Erudite

its 1,3 now.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
Hey Owlcat_Eyler if you're still in contact with the crew left to work on WotR, tell 'em to hurry up an release the Mythic and Legend key art as proper player portraits already.
dasha-pospielova-mythic-hero-legend2.jpg

dasha-pospielova-mythic-hero-legend1.jpg

For those of us who want to just want to play as humble heroes of the land.
Hm... I'm not sure that this will happen any time soon because of the team workload, but I'll tell them
Owlcat_Eyler can you get Augment Summoning fixed?
Aa far as I know it was fixed a year ago. Is something broken now?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom