Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pete Hines lectures whole world on what makes an RPG

pippin

GTA is a role playing game.

I think the consensus already established that, long ago. u.u

Well, 2 had a faction system, and while I haven't played most of the others (only 3 and Vice City AGES ago), I do remember some nuances of this same faction system being there with the different gangs and all that jazz. This is the world we live in.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
I think its long established that Bethesda games are "make shit up inside your head for all this random crap strewn across teh big world" games and killing things.

Its their philosophy, has been since Oblivious. I think it should be illegal to label anything that isn't graph paper an RPG. Everyone has their own shitty opinion on what one is. VD likes strong choices and consequences, person B likes strong stats, and person C likes strong storytelling, characters and narrative. Bethesda chose wide open spazzy larp bullshit where you make up everything on the go.

Fucking sick of this RPG crap.

Last edited:

Sjukob

Arcane
I think its long established that Bethesda games are "make shit up inside your head for all this random crap strewn across teh big world" games and killing things.

Its their philosophy, has been since Oblivious. I think it should be illegal to label anything that isn't graph paper an RPG. Everyone has their own shitty opinion on what one is. VD likes strong choices and consequences, person B likes strong stats, and person C likes strong storytelling, characters and narrative. Bethesda chose wide open spazzy larp bullshit where you make up everything on the go.

Fucking sick of this RPG crap.

Admins , I am seriously dissapointed with my impossibility to brofist people , such problem needs fixing .

On Pete Hines quote , I don't understand what to discuss here and why there is a whole topic for this . This is another attempt Bethseda is making , trying to convince everyone in their wisdom , nothing to see here , move along .

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
owmyballs.jpg

We are almost there folks!

Frozen

Arcane
"When the only thing you know how to make is a shitty and dull FPS name it an RPG and count all that $"
Because its all about systems and stuff in TES hiking

imweasel

I guess that settles it. Merge general gaming discussion with RPG discussion because all games are RPGs.

valcik

Arcane
On Pete Hines quote , I don't understand what to discuss here and why there is a whole topic for this .
This is just Pete's role-play. His character is trying to untie the "what is RPG" Gordian knot with Speech skill solely, without putting any points into Lore skill.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom