Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Please convince me to play Chrono Trigger.

Murk

Arcane
Did you get to the last boss? Cuz its actually impossible to defeat him if your level isn't high enough to deal enough damage...

First time I got to him/it I was only doing like 5 damage or something and I realized that it is not like Bloody Mary who has a ridiculous defense rating...

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
All I have to say for this game is when M**** asks you to fight on the icy shoreline, say no.

That alone makes the game worth it.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Mikayel said:
Did you get to the last boss? Cuz its actually impossible to defeat him if your level isn't high enough to deal enough damage...

First time I got to him/it I was only doing like 5 damage or something and I realized that it is not like Bloody Mary who has a ridiculous defense rating...

Just did, I thought for a while about the ludicrous damage scaling per level and used an XP cheat to get to level 36. Fucking Aspergers genre.

Have to say, though, the ending was fucking good, actually pretty touching and memorable even if they did lay on the eternal recurrence theme with a trowel.

A user named cat

chronocrosskidscreen.png

Zomg

Arbiter
In my experience all SRPGs are designed to be played in speedrun (speed as in low turns) format to be tactically interesting. There's always a way to milk way too much firepower out of maps if you don't mind going slowly or treading water. So the problem is you have to like the game enough to do one fuckaround run where you learn the system and see what different types of units etc. can do, see which units will betray you or nobly sacrifice themselves against the dark god of christian allegory and so vanish forever halfway through the game and then a second run where you try to finish maps you did in 20 turns in 5

Murk

Arcane
Last time around I only used the commander's and none of their support troops... and I was playing the independent route, which you'd think would be harder... but it just meant more XP for everyone. I think Elwin was tier 4 while the enemy the NPCs were still high level tier 2s.

DraQ

Arcane
I have never played CT and dislike JPGs in general, but if I wanted to convince a man of a refined taste to play it, I'd probably mention it being one of Tom Hall's favourites and major influence/inspiration behind Anachronox.

Eyeball

Arcane
DraQ said:
I have never played CT and dislike JPGs in general, but if I wanted to convince a man of a refined taste to play it, I'd probably mention it being one of Tom Hall's favourites and major influence/inspiration behind Anachronox.
Good point.

Go play Anachronox, THEN play CT. A's the better game.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Mikayel said:
Last time around I only used the commander's and none of their support troops... and I was playing the independent route, which you'd think would be harder... but it just meant more XP for everyone. I think Elwin was tier 4 while the enemy the NPCs were still high level tier 2s.

Independent Route is harder on virtue of having one level thats remotely challenging. The one where you fight off both the imperials and boser's dudes.

Though quickly rush killing boser turns all his minions in NPC allies.....sooo

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom