Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

please convince me to play fallout 2

laclongquan

Arcane
If you barely finish off F1, dont feel bad about it. I cant count the number of times I abandon that game. Just cant count. I get to some areas and oh gods I am so bored I get some other games out.

Same deal with Baldur Gate 1.

Fallout2? FInish it any number of times. Baldur Gate 2? Any number of times. They are so much more fun to play than their predecessors.

Most of the ones praising F1 and BG1 are nostalgic tasteless old coots anyway.

Angthoron

Arcane
A recruitable NPC from Fallout New Vegas has her daddy-roots in Fallout 2, what more reason do you need? :smug:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
laclongquan said:
Sometimes we ignore the troll-baits, sometimes we bite the baits.
Feeling left out because everyone ignored your trollbait above? :smug:

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Sceptic said:
I actually finished it :smug:

Do NOT ask me to remember details though... it was a fucking long time ago and I never replayed it.
This. But I still remember quest with Bunny Master in Agricultural Center, killing kids in Quartz (or not Quartz... place with broken pump), old train, stall with hobo dogs, howitzer, toaster repairing and citadel full of some technomonks.

Fallout 2 was a much more noob-friendly game than FO1, if you couldn't finish FO1 you'll probably like FO2.

MaskedMartyr

Liturgist
Angthoron said:
A recruitable NPC from Fallout New Vegas has her daddy-roots in Fallout 2, what more reason do you need? :smug:

is it cassidy

wait

oh fuck its that mutant fucker isnt it

:smug:

if cassidy had a daughter i would have virtually tapped it just to see him say "you feel lucky punk" and then get gibbified, goty all years

also to the OP fuck you go sip on some dick blender smoothie

herostratus said:
Fallout 2 was a much more noob-friendly game than FO1

I agree. New players just love the Temple of Trials compared to starting in a small cave with a gun

:thumbsup:

Klaz

Scholar
Fallout 2 is alright, but it feels at times almost like a parody of the first game. I like that.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Well let's face it, it is more noob-friendly. It literally leads you by the nose from one town to the next in pretty strict fashion, there are no time limits (as opposed to TWO hard limits in pre-patch FO1 - and extending the first limit DIMINISHES the second one by the same length, and you don't find this out until later) and it has the super-linear "tutorial" temple instead of just throwing you in the thick of things 2 minutes after starting the game. Sure the tutorial sucks, but that's another matter.

As I'm a good deal into FO2 I already have some strong impressions about it, especially compared to FO1, but I'll wait to finish the game before sharing them. Short version is: it's good, longer and more elaborate than 1, with apparently even more ways of completing quests (I love this), but all in all not as good as 1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom