Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Proposal for the World's Greatest Game

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I'm hoping to send this to all of the major publishers, but I haven't finished all the details - need some help with the outline.

It has like 6 images so I'm just going to put a link here:

http://www.refinedgamer.com/2010/04/mod ... posal.html

If this is a hit, I'll donate a huge sum to the codex, I promise.

Let me know what you think!

Only 10 levels is lame. What you should do is make 57 levels that you go up through 5.7x as fast and which effectively is exactly the same as 10 levels, just more rewarding to the player since they get to see the 'level up' words more often. You also get to cash in for forcing OCD players who can't stand an odd number to buy more levels, while advertising that its a 'unique, immersive leveling system'.

Also, you need to state that there are achievements that can only be unlocked with DLC. 100 kills with chainsaw flamethrower. Reaching level 200. Etc.

TheCowburner

Educated
Players should have to purchase the "fuck Megan Fox ending" in my opinion. Otherwise it sounds great! :thumbsup:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Great ideas! When I make part 2 I'll add them in. =)

Part 2 is going to focus more on the actual DLC and Marketing - There is going to be a $20 DLC that simply awards the player 500 achievement points upon purchase.

TheCowburner said:
Players should have to purchase the "fuck Megan Fox ending" in my opinion.

Nah, you should leave the ending itself in as a tease. Just fade out to a black screen before any action starts, reminding the player to get their credit card ready.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Good plan, good plan, we definitely need chaps like you for this project.

I'm in the process of registering for accounts on Bethesda, Bioware, and Bungie and asking them for some input!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom