Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Qwinn went Next-Gen

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Hay guise, what's going on in this thread?

Quim

Black

Arcane
Poor Qwinn, someone tell Qwinn that it's impossible to fix games that are fundamentally flawed (as in, all bw attempts at rpgs), Qwinn needs to know this.

Qwinn

scient

Augur
Alex said:
I see. In that case, sorry for the mistake, and kudos for being able to tinker with that. Out of curiosity, are the methods of objects in the IEEE engine virtual, or are they bound at compile time? Or a mix of both?

I haven't seen any virtual methods at least in code sections I've been working with. That isn't to say they aren't used else where in some of core IE routines which I haven't needed to look at.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Someone with cash should hire him to fix Arcanum's combat... along with Drog :smug:

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
He has shown ability, dedication, persistence and he is obviously motivated to work in a game industry. These are essential qualities for a code monkey. I'd hire him for a junior programming position and see how it goes from there.

Black

Arcane
WhiskeyWolf said:
Someone with cash should hire him to fix Arcanum's combat... along with Drog :smug:
Just the thought of the drama that would occur makes me jizz.
We'd need Best Thread Ever 3 and 4 to contain all of the best bits.

Silellak

Cipher
Shannow said:
Now I see. You guys actually think Quinn meant that as an actual job application. Whereas I see it as tongue in cheek, eventhough he claims he's serious.
It's more like going up to a supermodel and asking: "Wanna fuck?". If she says: "Yes", you'll of course fuck her. But you, as an average Joe, really don't expect her agree.
If Bioware take him up on his offer he'll be happy enough, but I doubt he seriously expects them to.
:thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom